Contribute
Register

“HackinMouse” Skylake H110 Econo Rig | i5-6500 | GA-H110M-A | 16GB | RX560

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a very good deal with a combo price of $99, saved about $150!!! And just found about this site!!! So excited for this project!! Thanks a lot for posting this!!!

View attachment 209676

Awesome, thanks for stopping by. Good luck on the build and let us know how it goes. Typing this response on the HackinMouse right now, love this little machine!

Has anyone done a successful installation of El Capitan on MSI H110M PRO-VH motherboard?

I was able to boot the USB installer but cannot get through the GUI stage of the installation.

A kernel panic of "System up time ... nano seconds" greeted me :(
I tried using different boot flags but can't get into the GUI stage of the installation.

Anyone? Help please?! Thank you in advance!

Awesome, thanks for stopping by. Good luck on the build and let us know how it goes. Typing this response on the HackinMouse right now, love this little machine!

I'm typing on the HackinMouse right now!!! Thank you so much!!! Right now I'm using audio from a usb audio codec from Behringer UCA222. 'Bout to setup a second unit, bought two units for about $300 including 2x8GB 2133mhz DDR4.

I'm typing on the HackinMouse right now!!! Thank you so much!!! Right now I'm using audio from a usb audio codec from Behringer UCA222. 'Bout to setup a second unit, bought two units for about $300 including 2x8GB 2133mhz DDR4.

Excellent, nice work! Nice little recording studio for the price, no doubt.

Has anyone done a successful installation of El Capitan on MSI H110M PRO-VH motherboard?

I was able to boot the USB installer but cannot get through the GUI stage of the installation.

A kernel panic of "System up time ... nano seconds" greeted me :(
I tried using different boot flags but can't get into the GUI stage of the installation.

Anyone? Help please?! Thank you in advance!

I am not familiar with that MB, but you should check the stack trace and kernel panic errors listed above the "System up time ... nano seconds" to see what is causing it. I saw the thread where you replied back to someone else with the same issue and they were using a Radeon GPU. Are you also using a discrete GPU? If yes, have you tried installing without it in the PC? His error appears to be related to a panic in kernel memory allocation. Perhaps try booting with flags maxmem=4096 dart=0 as suggested in this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/system-uptime-in-nanoseconds-boot-error.133139/

Seems that it has something to do with a mismatch between the BIOS/Clover settings and what OSX actually sees and expects.

I am not familiar with that MB, but you should check the stack trace and kernel panic errors listed above the "System up time ... nano seconds" to see what is causing it. I saw the thread where you replied back to someone else with the same issue and they were using a Radeon GPU. Are you also using a discrete GPU? If yes, have you tried installing without it in the PC? His error appears to be related to a panic in kernel memory allocation. Perhaps try booting with flags maxmem=4096 dart=0 as suggested in this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/system-uptime-in-nanoseconds-boot-error.133139/

Seems that it has something to do with a mismatch between the BIOS/Clover settings and what OSX actually sees and expects.

I'm just using the onboard GPU which I can't identify since the MSI website did not specifically say what is the onboard GPU of H110M PRO-VH.

Thank you mots for the tips. I will try to check the stack trace and kernel panic errors.

Excellent, nice work! Nice little recording studio for the price, no doubt.

I'm just using the on board GPU of MSI H110M PRO-VH. I tried checking the website of MSI but it did not specifically say what kind of on board GPU it has.

Thank you mots for your tips! I will try them first!

Can someone help me with this stack trace and kernel panic errors?

How do I put additional boot argument like "maxmem=4096" when booting up the USB installer?
I've gone over each item on the boot menu but there is no input box for additional boot argument.

Attachments

• IMG_2044.JPG
    IMG_2044.JPG
    559.8 KB · Views: 280
Can someone help me with this stack trace and kernel panic errors?

How do I put additional boot argument like "maxmem=4096" when booting up the USB installer?
I've gone over each item on the boot menu but there is no input box for additional boot argument.

Should not be necessary, however what is required is to disable the Serial port (SuperIO) in your BIOS settings.

If you do need to add boot arguments, press the right arrow key at the boot loader screen until you reach Options.

AppleMacPC said:
I'm just using the on board GPU of MSI H110M PRO-VH. I tried checking the website of MSI but it did not specifically say what kind of on board GPU it has.

Integrated graphics are a part of the processor not the motherboard.

Last edited:
Should not be necessary, however what is required is to disable the Serial port (SuperIO) in your BIOS settings.

If you do need to add boot arguments, press the right arrow key at the boot loader screen until you reach Options.

Integrated graphics are a part of the processor not the motherboard.

Thank you P1LGRIM !

Thank you P1LGRIM for you help!

Can you please share your knowledge on how to decipher stack trace error?

You are right that the Serial port under SuperIO of the Advance tab in my BIOS settings is enabled!
I was able to boot into the GUI of OS X installation after I have disabled the Serial port.
But I haven't installed OS X yet. I have to get another SSD for the installation so as not to mess up the current system that is installed.

Can't thank you enough! I have been struggling with this issue for many months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back