MacBook Pro
CPU
Ivy Bridge Core i5
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
What country are you in ? There may be other options than import from the USA.
Thanks for taking time out to reply this empty soul.
This is the only website that sells such products in our country, so these are pretty much the only products that are available here.

Please help me in choosing the best motherboard amongst these. H170-Gaming 3 was the only one that i could find was compatible and in my budget range, though i wanted a more cheaper one amongst them..
http://galaxy.com.pk/motherboard-pakistan.html

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Thanks for taking time out to reply this empty soul.
This is the only website that sells such products in our country, so these are pretty much the only products that are available here.

Please help me in choosing the best motherboard amongst these. H170-Gaming 3 was the only one that i could find was compatible and in my budget range, though i wanted a more cheaper one amongst them..
http://galaxy.com.pk/motherboard-pakistan.html
On that list you linked to the best budget choice for you is the the GA-B150M-D3H. Go with that and everything is compatible plus you get an Intel NIC, 4 ram slots etc. for not much more than the H110M motherboard. All your other choices should be compatible with it. Make sure to check the ram compatibility list (QVL) on the Gigabyte website.

Motherboard
MacBook Pro
CPU
Ivy Bridge Core i5
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
On that list you linked to the best budget choice for you is the the GA-B150M-D3H. Go with that and everything is compatible plus you get an Intel NIC, 4 ram slots etc. for not much more than the H110M motherboard. All your other choices should be compatible with it. Make sure to check the ram compatibility list (QVL) on the Gigabyte website.
Thanks for taking time out.
I have given overview to the motherboard you suggested and although ut has all necessary goodies, it lacks PCI ×1 slot. My understanding is that broadcom chip to pci slot requires to be installed in PCI * 1 slot otherwise the bluetooth will not work and hence no handoff features.

I

invargo

I just wanted to thank you, for this incredible easy to follow installation guide!

This guide is also working for macOS Sierra 10.12.0. The only difference, for installing onboard sound, is to use audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0b0.command. Additionally, I changed the darkwake boot flag in clover configurator to darkwake=8 to fix sound after sleep/wake.

I will report back, if some odd problems occur. Till now, everything works smoothly.

Whats works
Sleep and Wake
Dual Monitor
Audio via Headphones

My configuration:
Motherboard = Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H
CPU = Intel Core i5 6500
GPU = Gigabyte GT 710 2GB

Again, thank you! :)

Motherboard
ASUS ROG B250F Strix Gaming
CPU
i7 7700
Graphics
ASUS RX570 Strix
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Which ssdt are you use for i3 6100? I also use this cpu with ssd with the ssdt file which I got from tonymac post but it has still somthing wrong. Start: very quick but It take around 1 minute to shutdown.

Motherboard
Gigabyte H410M
CPU
i3-10100
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm definitely a budget builder myself looking to make my first hackintosh. I'm going to try iGPU when I complete my build, but might change depending on the result. thanks for sharing your success and providing a walkthrough!

Motherboard
GA-H110M-H DDR4
CPU
Core i3-6100
Graphics
GTX 960
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I kinda need help. I have the following build which I though was very close to yours except no GPU.

MOBO: GA-H110M-H DDR4
CPU: Core i3-6100
GPU: iGPU (Intel 530)

I have the following problem:

1. Vanilla Clover Installer USB:
* If I try to use a vanilla clover installer (without using unibeast), I get stuck at macOS Utilities when I choose "Install macOS". The continue button is greyed out and nothing happens. I'm stuck. Of course I did format my target SSD to Mac OS Extended Journaled before trying to install.

2. Unibeast Installer:
* I can install Sierra because the Unibeast installer makes it so that you go directly to the Install macOS page skipping the macOS Utilities.
* The screen resolution is really low.
* A bunch of post install problems.

I wanted to go the vanilla clover way (#1). Is there a way to go through that? Did I miss something?

EDIT:

Done. Everything seems to be stable now except HDMI audio. Am I missing something? HD Audio works.

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-H110A-M
CPU
i3-6100
Graphics
HD-530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I built a very similar system, GA-H110M-A, i3-6100, 8GB Kingston Hyper-X Fury DDR4, internal HD-530 graphics, Seagate Barracuda 1TB drive, EVGA 600W Bronze PSU, Rosewill mini-tower case. No Wi-fi/BT yet. Already had a monitor, KB and mouse.

Installed Clover and macOS Sierra last night, used iMac(17,1) definition for Skylake. Most everything working great, including USB, Networking and iMessage/iCloud. Will look at enabling audio today. A couple questions I had:

1) I have the F5 BIOS, I couldn't find the item to disable SuperIO (though I do not have kernel panic). Do I need to upgrade the BIOS? F20 looks to be the latest on Gigabyte site.

2) I do have the problem of monitor not being enabled after wakeup from sleep. Found this thread that talks about the problem, and this DSDT patch and this SSDT patch. Although this is my 2nd Hackintosh, I have not dealt with DSDT/SSDT patching before, but I read through this guide. I'll delve into it full force if I need to. Do I have to extract the entire unpatched DSDT (will use Clover F4 method), or is there a way I can just apply the SSDT patch simply from the above link? Is anybody else using internal graphics on GA-H110M-A and worked through this problem already?

TIA

I

invargo

1) I have the F5 BIOS, I couldn't find the item to disable SuperIO (though I do not have kernel panic). Do I need to upgrade the BIOS? F20 looks to be the latest on Gigabyte site.

TIA
Before you update your bios to f20, you should read this …
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-update-your-gigabyte-motherboards-bios.131047/page-3
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/psa-gigabyte-f20b-bios-changes.207965/

Downgrading from bios f20 is not that easy (gigabyte prevents a downgrade) and your system may not boot into macOS.

I would love to test the new Bios F20, because I have multiple extra Clover BIOS boot entries that are unnecessary and could damage my system in the long run.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...t-further-problems.175274/page-9#post-1268381 (Bios F20 could fix this problem)

Anyone who tested the F20 Bios on H110 Chipset?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.