Contribute
Register

“HackinMouse” Skylake H110 Econo Rig | i5-6500 | GA-H110M-A | 16GB | RX560

Status
Not open for further replies.
EFI shared in post 285, see my notes at the bottom of the post.
Awesome! Thank you mots.

I have deselected some fixes in my config.plist referencing your version, everything works fine. The wake problem is still there but I am happy with the system though. Thank you so much for all your help!

Cheers! ;)

Awesome! Thank you mots.

I have deselected some fixes in my config.plist referencing your version, everything works fine. The wake problem is still there but I am happy with the system though. Thank you so much for all your help!

Cheers! ;)
You are welcome kokanee. Stop back and let us know if you do find the cause to your problem. At this point, the MB BIOS version and graphics card seem to be the two core differences between our systems. Beyond that, perhaps the peripherals we use.

I think I'm going to take the plunge and build one of these little bad boys. Also, I was reading what mots said about Sidecar and USB C. I do not have an iPad, but I wonder if something like this would work for a tethered iPad and sidecar? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WG8ZJ41/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Thank you for your info. I still hesitate to upgrade, my friend has problem with iPhone after upgrade to Catalina.
I'm not having any issues how I use my system, but yeah, I would not rush if you don't need to! Any idea to what the issue is with your friends iPhone? I have an iPad Pro, but I used a Pixel phone. I've been looking at the 10.15.1 Update and am holding off for a just a bit longer since some were having some issues.

My mobo mosfet burned and processor fried. I think I need to upgrade to new rig. Any suggestion for updated econo rig mobo?
Thank you.
Very sorry to hear that! I don't have any recommendations for a newer econo board that I can offer with any confidence. The i3-8100 or newer i3 would certainly be on my short list as the CPU. They provide a lot of bang for the buck with 4 cores and a decent single core clock speed.

Updated to 10.15.2 (19C57)
So far, so good. Will report issues if I have any.

Not really an issue, but dual monitors came up opposite of how I had them configured before. I had to reposition in System Preferences\Displays\Arrangement.

Steps to Upgrade
1) Left Clover version as-is from how it was 10.15.

2) Upgraded kexts to latest versions in /Library/Extensions/
(copy to kexts to desktop and run KextBeast to install/upgrade the files)
  1. AppleALC 1.4.4
  2. Lilu 1.4.0
  3. WhateverGreen 1.3.5
3) Started 10.15.2 Update from System Preferences. The system tells you it will reboot.

4) Monitor the system closely and make sure you select the regular "Installer" boot selection from Clover (not the preboot installer). Always make sure you select the regular installer every time it reboots, until Clover no longer has the extra installer and preboot installer options. I rebooted at least twice using the installer option and then it finally booted back up slowly with a progress bar one last time doing a bit more work before I could login.

5) Done. Time Machine backup is kicking off.

Thank you so much for this, everything going fine for now. I'm having just this big problem.. I got to install Catalina, but MultiBeast for El Capitan won't see my HDD, just my USB as an install target, is this because of the APFS? How can I get around this? I really need to install the Intel 530 driver. Thanks!

Thank you so much for this, everything going fine for now. I'm having just this big problem.. I got to install Catalina, but MultiBeast for El Capitan won't see my HDD, just my USB as an install target, is this because of the APFS? How can I get around this? I really need to install the Intel 530 driver. Thanks!
Hi, I am not sure I understand exactly what you are trying to do, but, yes, APFS will be required for your macOS system\boot drive in Catalina. Also, the old El Capitan MultiBeast tools shouldn't be used with Catalina. If you read through this long thread (I'll save you of that!), I didn't always upgrade directly for each new version of the macOS. At least twice, I chose to do a fresh new install of macOS on a new SSD. That is what I would recommend for Catalina, a fresh install using the TonyMac guide for Catalina, and then in conjunction with this guide (the Catalina section) assuming your hardware is the same.

Hi, I am not sure I understand exactly what you are trying to do, but yes APFS will be required for your MacOS system\boot drive in Catalina. Also, the old El Capitan Multibeast tools shouldn't be used with Catalina. If you read through this long thread (I'll save you of that!), I didn't always upgrade directly for each new version of the MacOS. At least twice, I chose to do a fresh new install of MacOS on a new SSD. That is what I would recommend for Catalina, a fresh install using the TonyMac guide for Catalina, and then in conjunction with this guide (the Catalina section) assuming your hardware is the same.

Thank you for your reply!
To be honest I didn't read the whole thread, that's entirely my fault! I did see the upgrade parts tho, that's why in my case I decided to go Catalina as a clean install and just use your guide as a point of orientation for my build.
I figured that you used Multibeast for El Capitan because of the native Intel 530 Drivers, that is why I was also using it, as when I tried with Multi for Mojave, it didn't have the driver.

My build is:
Gigabyte h110m-a
Intel 6100
8gb stick Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz (automatically underclocked to 2144)
Some WD 500gb HDD

Installation went super fine! is the multibeast part what I didn't fully understood. From what I understand now, I would have to use Multi for Mojave, install Network Realtek 2.2.2 and no Graphic driver? Then install the kexts for hd530 by other means (Clover configurator?) am I getting it right?

Again thank you so much for all of this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back