Contribute
Register

“HackinMouse” Skylake H110 Econo Rig | i5-6500 | GA-H110M-A | 16GB | RX560

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone I found this thread that seems to be closest to my hackintosh, and I have some questions. First would be have any of you used any Fenvi WiFi/Bluetooth cards for your builds? Second, I just recently bought an Sapphire Nitro+ rx 570 4gb (it was a steal for $114) and was wondering if all 570 cards work OOB or just some? Also how did you guys get the on board audio to work? I couldn't get it to work with Toledos method or following your instructions.

https://ebay.to/2RwO3od Fenvi BCM94360 WiFi/BT card I'm talking about.

Current hackintosh specs are:
Intel i3 7100
Gigabyte GA-H110M-A
8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX
Kingston 120 GB ssd
1Tb Western Digital HDD
Running Mojave at the moment.

Last edited:
My mobo Gigabyte GA-H110M-DS2 audio works OOB in Mojave. In Sierra, I have to use AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext (if I remember it correctly).
Bluetooth, I use dongle. I think there's generic one that supported OOB. I don't remember which one.
Where do you get 570 that cheap? You're lucky. I don't think all 570 is OOB, must I think most likely it will works. My Sapphire RX 580 works OOB.

I found it on ebay. I guess the market is getting flushed with amd cards at the moment. I saw a bunch listed at around 120 last week and some auctions starting at $50 USD. I'm gonna check what I used to setup audio later today.

I have my Home directory in separate partition, I usually after fresh install just change the default Home directory path to my path. I think that way most of the work is done.
Thanks for the reply. Do you have any link to rhw guide for the home directory path?

Especially setting up iTunes is a pain in the ass since I have a lot of music files.

I have followed your directions and built the same machine (BIOS vf20) but only using the integrated graphics. However I have run into a problem. High Sierra install works but for Majove when you are installing the pc keep rebooting on the black splash screen when the progress bar gets to about 1/3rd of the way. Any ideas?

Just wanted to update you guys on my build. I got my Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570, and it worked out of box. Also, I ordered the Fenvi card I posted, and that worked out of box as well. Now I have both WiFi and Bluetooth. Only two issues. The Bluetooth requires to be plugged into the front USB header connection on the motherboard, and it is almost hitting the graphics card. I might swap cases later for one with a USB3.0 connection. But for now I'm using my USB hub/card reader instead.

@idclan, I had that issue with High Sierra, and I couldn't figure it out. So I just formatted the HDD and started installation over. Didn't happen with Mojave. Are you running a SSD or HDD as your macOS drive? It happened to me when I had my HDD as the macOS drive, and it didn't happen at all with my SSD.

Update I have mojave installed and everything seems to work. However the integrated 630 graphics are listed with 7mb. I have tried quite a few fixes the closest was from YouTube but the screens tears and has major lag. Has anyone had success with the 630 intel graphics? If not anyone know of a $100 video card that works OOB? Also TBG423 I am using an SSD. I never figured out my issue. It just went away.

Just received RX 580 card and installed it. It works OOB (as far as I know). I use HDMI cable to connect it to Monitor. No display issue, but Clover boot menu seems a little bit off. Not as usual shape.

My only concern is that the fans don't seem to rotate after finish booting. The temp in HW Monitor hover around 46 celcius. But when I run Unigine Heaven, the fans start to rotate. Highest temp and steady at 75 celcius. I read that fans speeds are controlled by VGA Bios. Should I worry about this fans issue?

View attachment 376776

Thanks.

Sorry, been busy and haven't check back in a while. Any further info on this? Did you deem this to be normal after further review? I haven't noticed any overheating issues on mine.

I have followed your directions and built the same machine (BIOS vf20) but only using the integrated graphics. However I have run into a problem. High Sierra install works but for Majove when you are installing the pc keep rebooting on the black splash screen when the progress bar gets to about 1/3rd of the way. Any ideas?
Just wanted to update you guys on my build. I got my Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570, and it worked out of box. Also, I ordered the Fenvi card I posted, and that worked out of box as well. Now I have both WiFi and Bluetooth. Only two issues. The Bluetooth requires to be plugged into the front USB header connection on the motherboard, and it is almost hitting the graphics card. I might swap cases later for one with a USB3.0 connection. But for now I'm using my USB hub/card reader instead.

@idclan, I had that issue with High Sierra, and I couldn't figure it out. So I just formatted the HDD and started installation over. Didn't happen with Mojave. Are you running a SSD or HDD as your macOS drive? It happened to me when I had my HDD as the macOS drive, and it didn't happen at all with my SSD.
Update I have mojave installed and everything seems to work. However the integrated 630 graphics are listed with 7mb. I have tried quite a few fixes the closest was from YouTube but the screens tears and has major lag. Has anyone had success with the 630 intel graphics? If not anyone know of a $100 video card that works OOB? Also TBG423 I am using an SSD. I never figured out my issue. It just went away.

Sorry guys, I can't be of much help here since I don't keep up on the tips and tricks to run integrated graphics. I'd highly suggest running one of the OOB RX 560, 570, or 580 cards to keep things simple and easy. Performance will also be much better, so it will be worth it.

I've been rockin' the latest update and then the following supplemental update 10.14.3 (18D109) for a little while now. With the new OOB RX 560, there was literally nothing to do to update but allow it to reboot into the installer a few times and then back to the desktop. Brilliant! The system is as stable and as fast as it ever was on Mojave.

On another note, I plugged in a new Logitech USB headset recently and it works flawlessly OOB with Skype, GotoMeeting etc. All using native Apple audio...this little machine never stops impressing me. While I would love to have new hardware, I really don't see a need for me to upgrade.

While I would love to have new hardware, I really don't see a need for me to upgrade.
I always expect to get at least 5 years out of a hackintosh build. Most of them last much longer than that. You're still good for a few years. Wait for at least Ice Lake and USB 4 in 2020 ? Depends on whether Intel gets their "act" together or not.
About Ice Lake:
It promises a doubling in performance alongside Wi-Fi 6 support and, naturally, Thunderbolt 3 for fast data transfer. Indeed, Ice Lake will be the first processors to natively integrate Thunderbolt.
The other important thing about Sunny Cove / Ice Lake is that all the fixes for the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilites should be implemented at the hardware level rather than software patches and BIOS updates to fix the problems. So Ice lake and 10nm chips will be about 5 years late by 2020 but it's as they say "better late than never." Same scenario for the Mac Pro refresh people have been waiting years for.

Last edited:
I always expect to get at least 5 years out of a hackintosh build. Most of them last much longer than that. You're still good for a few years. Wait for at least Ice Lake and USB 4 in 2020 ? Depends on whether Intel gets their "act" together or not.
About Ice Lake:

The other important thing about Sunny Cove / Ice Lake is that all the fixes for the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilites should be implemented at the hardware level rather than software patches and BIOS updates to fix the problems. So Ice lake and 10nm chips will be about 5 years late by 2020 but it's as they say "better late than never." Same scenario for the Mac Pro refresh people have been waiting years for.
Thanks! Since I started with such low specs on this Sky Lake econo build, I really didn't expect to get 3 years out of it. Not that I didn't expect it to work anymore, I'm just the type of person that likes to upgrade to the latest, fastest etc. I do some programming and video editing on this machine and it does everything I need. Maybe I am just getting older and wiser, LOL. The longer I wait, the better hardware my $ will buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back