Contribute
Register

“HackinMouse” Skylake H110 Econo Rig | i5-6500 | GA-H110M-A | 16GB | RX560

Status
Not open for further replies.
mots's "HackinMouse" Econo Rig:
i3-6100 - GA-H110M-A - 8GB - GTX 950

Hi, mots,

I have also almost same build since July 2016 as my dual boot Mac OS and windows system. I am using i3 6100, Gigabyte H110M-S2 mobo, 8GB Kingston Hyperx ddr4 RAM, Samsung 750 EVO 250GB SSD, 2*1=2TB Seagate HDD for all storage, Nvidia GTX 960 2GB GPU, LG 22mp68vp IPS FHD 22 inch monitor. All functions of Mac OS are working just fine and performing really well. Right now, I have updated with 10.12.4, and everything is working fine except Spotlight which is not showing proper search results; it was working properly in previous version. You are the first person I have found online with almost the same spec like my hackintosh which is a budget build. In the future I will upgrade my CPU to a i5-6500, and I will add another 8GB RAM stick on it. If you have any suggestions for me or anyone need help, then please feel free to ping me or reply.

Thanks,
Rajib

Hi, hope you all good, if you don't mind, can you explain how you got your sound working? I've tried everything on this thread but no joy. my specs are H100M-S2H.

Hi jeffdat,

First, you need to disable your SIP in config.plist which is located in EFI folder. To mount the EFI folder and make changes in config.plist, use Clover Configurator. After you open config.plist file by Clover Configurator, you need to click on Rt Variables. Then, type 0x67 value on CsrActiveConfig box. Now save the configuration (file>save).

For Realtek Audio
Now download and open latest version MultiBeast. Click on Drivers>Audio>expand Realtek ALCxxx>choose ALC887/88b and Optional 3 port (5.1) audio>Build>Install.
Now restart your system. After restart, you will get fully functional Realtek audio.

For HDMI Audio
Mount EFI partition by Clover Configurator.
Now download audio_cloverHDMI-120_v1.0d.command file.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-automatic-hdmi-audio-script-released.184867/
Double click on it, then press y. After that, restart your system ,and you will get your HDMI audio working.

Hi, mots,

I have also almost same build since July 2016 as my dual boot Mac OS and windows system. I am using i3 6100, Gigabyte H110M-S2 mobo, 8GB Kingston Hyperx ddr4 RAM, Samsung 750 EVO 250GB SSD, 2*1=2TB Seagate HDD for all storage, Nvidia GTX 960 2GB GPU, LG 22mp68vp IPS FHD 22 inch monitor. All functions of Mac OS are working just fine and performing really well. Right now, I have updated with 10.12.4, and everything is working fine except Spotlight which is not showing proper search results; it was working properly in previous version. You are the first person I have found online with almost the same spec like my hackintosh which is a budget build. In the future I will upgrade my CPU to a i5-6500, and I will add another 8GB RAM stick on it. If you have any suggestions for me or anyone need help, then please feel free to ping me or reply.

Thanks,
Rajib

Hi, glad to see another similar build out there! I'll have to check my Spotlight to see if it is working properly. I know it finds files on my local disk by name, but I admittedly don't use it to its fullest. Can you describe a scenario where you don't get the proper search results?

I did the exact same build but I am having trouble with audio and iMovie. I tried downloading the voodoo one, not exactly sure what else to do on that. However the only reason I built this was to edit videos on and I am having trouble with iMovie. Every time that I open it and click the plus it just closes out of the iMovie. Not sure if I am missing something or what exactly I need to do, any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you so much in advance.

I did the exact same build but I am having trouble with audio and iMovie. I tried downloading the voodoo one, not exactly sure what else to do on that. However the only reason I built this was to edit videos on and I am having trouble with iMovie. Every time that I open it and click the plus it just closes out of the iMovie. Not sure if I am missing something or what exactly I need to do, any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you so much in advance.

Hi, for Sierra, after I upgraded from El Capitan, I used the latest Sierra MultiBeast to get audio working. I used the non-legacy ALC887 drivers. If you are using the RX 460 video card, you don't have the "exact same build" as this one. I am using the Nvidia GTX950 and iMovie works fine. My guess is that this is your issue with iMovie. It might work with that card, but I am not sure. I would find the forum where they discuss the card you have and see if you can find help there. This looks like a good place to start: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-sierra-pb-need-testers-for-new-amd-radeon-drivers.197273/

Good luck!

Updated to 10.12.5 (16F73)
  • Kept my existing clover version 4045
  • Installed the update using the App Store
  • After it rebooted, installed the latest Nvidia Web Driver from System Preferences
  • Rebooted
  • Installed the new Nvidia Cuda drivers
All is working good so far! :thumbup:

I am stuck because the machine won't book after install.
My configs are
Mobo: Gigabyte H110N
Processor: Intel i3 6300
HD: Samsung 850 SSD 250
8 GB of DDR 4 2100.

I can get it to install but after I run MultiBeast and select the configurations you recommended it hangs at Apple screen on reboot.
I used MultiBeast for Sierra initially, and that may be the issue. I am wondering if I should use the El Capitan version in your tutorial?
Any suggestions?

If you're installing Sierra, then use MultiBeast for Sierra. Note that the kext/driver versions are newer (higher version number).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back