Contribute
Register

“HackinMouse” Skylake H110 Econo Rig | i5-6500 | GA-H110M-A | 16GB | RX560

Status
Not open for further replies.
nevermind i made it, got working everything but i dont know why in geekbench i got 3768 in single core and 6326 in multicore of score with a pentium g4400, a bit more in single core than ur score is that right? if someone is needing clover settings for gigabyte h110m-a and pentium g4400 and kext for install feel free to ask me.
Can i please have your efi or clover folder please

Hey mots, I have the same build that you have except for the GPU. I have a AMD R7 265 2GB Sapphire DDR5. I installed in March El Capitan with a different build: asrock h81m vg4 and pentium g3240 and worked with my GPU (AMD R7 265). But now I installed El Capitan in my new Skylake build (gigabyte h110m-a and pentium g4400 3.3ghz), and I cant boot for set the settings for first time in El Capitan(username, country etc) because got stucked at this line:

**** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

Do you know how can I fix it?

Hi, not sure how to help since I don't have this setup. If you search the site for "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" there seems to be a few suggestions. One that may have merit would be to try removing the AMD card and then complete the install first with the integrated graphics.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-for-el-capitan-install-problems.173991/#MBCT

Also saw this one where they could boot with -v -x and then figured out some other long term options from there:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/stuck-at-missing-bluetooth-controller-transport.111111/

P.S. realized you posted before this and solved it. Congrats.

nevermind i made it, got working everything but i dont know why in geekbench i got 3768 in single core and 6326 in multicore of score with a pentium g4400, a bit more in single core than ur score is that right? if someone is needing clover settings for gigabyte h110m-a and pentium g4400 and kext for install feel free to ask me.

Likely because of Geekbench 4 64-bit vs Geekbench 3 32-bit (I used GB3 32-bit as shown the OP). I just ran with GB4 and scored 4281/8301. So this sounds about right for the i3-6100 as compared to the Pentium G4400 @3.3 GHz.

Some updates on the system after the Sierra Mac OS and BIOS F20 upgrades:
  1. Overall - Sierra is doing well. System is as rock solid and as stable as it was on El Capitan. I have no current issues.
  2. I have been back and forth between BIOS versions F5 and F20 a few times checking things out. I am now back on F20 and will be staying there moving forward. BIOS requirements are still the same for F20 as in the original post. I run in the "Performance" memory mode.
  3. F20 fixes the extra boot entries that build up (as seen from the BIOS). This is the only real benefit I can see moving to F20, but it is very nice to have this behind me.
  4. For Nvidia support on F20, the EmuVariableUefi-64 driver is required. It can be installed in Clover Configurator under "Install Drivers".
  5. In Sierra, you will also need the newer NvidiaWeb option enabled (supported in Clover r3751+). This is under System Parameters in Clover Configurator.
  6. "KernelPM" and "Patch APIC" are also necessary to boot Sierra on many hacks after upgrading to F20. FWIW, I have both options enabled, but I also seemed to be able to run fine without the latter.
  7. RAM struggles - I wanted to upgrade from 8GB to 16GB, so I bought another DIMM to match what I have in the original post (Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB). There are two slots in this MB and the system booted fine and seemed to work fine when installing the 16GB. BUT, it would often crash and shutdown (kernel panic) when the PC would sleep for awhile.
    • The system boot log has always shown there are four slots, so I tried force two slots in the config.plist, describe the RAM etc. The 16GB would register fine, but the log continued to report the 4 slots.
    • If I would run the new 8GB DIMM in slot 0 by itself to troubleshoot, everything was fine and the system would not crash during sleep.
    • Changing the BIOS memory performance mode from "Performance" to "Stable" did not help.
    • I finally found a discounted 16GB DIMM (Crucial Ballistix Sport LT - BLS16G4D240FSB) and now have one DIMM in slot 0. Everything is good and I have my 16GB so I can run some extra VM's in VBox. Dual Channel would have given some minor benefits, but nothing drastic.
    • The two 8GB DIMM's also caused issues when I tried to fill all 4 DIMM banks on my other hack (from 2 x 8GB to 4 x 8GB), so perhaps it is the RAM that is causing issues when running in Dual mode, OR perhaps I just haven't figured out how to make the Dual mode work properly! Others have also reported that the system is very sensitive to the type of RAM used. If anyone has any tips on this, please let me know.
  8. Power Nap (under Energy Saver settings) doesn't work and causes issues, so I have that turned off in Sierra. This seems to be a common issue with Sierra for others. The system still sleeps fine to RAM and appears that it is completely shut off when it sleeps, so this is fine with me. I would rather not hear the system wake my HDD anyhow for backups during the night. The wife was always asking why it was spinning up in the middle of the night anyhow!

Some updates on the system after the Sierra Mac OS and BIOS F20 upgrades:
  1. Overall - Sierra is doing well. System is as rock solid and as stable as it was on El Capitan. I have no current issues.
  2. I have been back and forth between BIOS versions F5 and F20 a few times checking things out. I am now back on F20 and will be staying there moving forward. BIOS requirements are still the same for F20 as in the original post. I run in the "Performance" memory mode.
  3. F20 fixes the extra boot entries that build up (as seen from the BIOS). This is the only real benefit I can see moving to F20, but it is very nice to have this behind me.
  4. For Nvidia support on F20, the EmuVariableUefi-64 driver is required. It can be installed in Clover Configurator under "Install Drivers".
  5. In Sierra, you will also need the newer NvidiaWeb option enabled (supported in Clover r3751+). This is under System Parameters in Clover Configurator.
  6. "KernelPM" and "Patch APIC" are also necessary to boot Sierra on many hacks after upgrading to F20. FWIW, I have both options enabled, but I also seemed to be able to run fine without the latter.
  7. RAM struggles - I wanted to upgrade from 8GB to 16GB, so I bought another DIMM to match what I have in the original post (Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB). There are two slots in this MB and the system booted fine and seemed to work fine when installing the 16GB. BUT, it would often crash and shutdown (kernel panic) when the PC would sleep for awhile.
    • The system boot log has always shown there are four slots, so I tried force two slots in the config.plist, describe the RAM etc. The 16GB would register fine, but the log continued to report the 4 slots.
    • If I would run the new 8GB DIMM in slot 0 by itself to troubleshoot, everything was fine and the system would not crash during sleep.
    • Changing the BIOS memory performance mode from "Performance" to "Stable" did not help.
    • I finally found a discounted 16GB DIMM (Crucial Ballistix Sport LT - BLS16G4D240FSB) and now have one DIMM in slot 0. Everything is good and I have my 16GB so I can run some extra VM's in VBox. Dual Channel would have given some minor benefits, but nothing drastic.
    • The two 8GB DIMM's also caused issues when I tried to fill all 4 DIMM banks on my other hack (from 2 x 8GB to 4 x 8GB), so perhaps it is the RAM that is causing issues when running in Dual mode, OR perhaps I just haven't figured out how to make the Dual mode work properly! Others have also reported that the system is very sensitive to the type of RAM used. If anyone has any tips on this, please let me know.
  8. Power Nap (under Energy Saver settings) doesn't work and causes issues, so I have that turned off in Sierra. This seems to be a common issue with Sierra for others. The system still sleeps fine to RAM and appears that it is completely shut off when it sleeps, so this is fine with me. I would rather not hear the system wake my HDD anyhow for backups during the night. The wife was always asking why it was spinning up in the middle of the night anyhow!

Hello mots. I have some problems with a similar configuration. Can you help me?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-geforce-gtx-950-2gb-not-detected-on-sierra.213037/

Thank you in advance.

Hello mots. I have some problems with a similar configuration. Can you help me?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-geforce-gtx-950-2gb-not-detected-on-sierra.213037/
Thank you in advance.

I've not experienced this issue with my GTX-950 on El Capitan or Sierra on this motherboard, so I am not sure what exactly is going on there. Your configuration looks OK to me. It is odd the GPU is detected, but still shows 0MB RAM. Hopefully someone else can help in your other post. If it were me, I would probably start with a fresh install of Sierra to see if I could duplicate the issue. And, if possible, before that I would try the card in another PC or Hack machine to see if the card is working properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:
Upgraded to 10.12.3 via App Store. Upgraded Nvidia Web Driver and Cuda from System Preferences.

No issues thus far, been running on this configuration for about one week.

Okay, so I'm using similar components as I am using Gigabyte H110M-A, and an Intel i3 6100 CPU. I have run into a host of problems, I've followed all of the guides, and I'm still running into this problem. I am having problems booting from the SSD. If I choose the SSD at boot up and then HFS at the Clover screen, the progress bar moves along quite nicely and then I get an error message (attached) and then reboots. IF I try to boot from the USB at boot up and then choose HFS at the clover screen, it boots up no problems. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_1569.JPG
    IMG_1569.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 275
Okay, so I'm using similar components as I am using Gigabyte H110M-A, and an Intel i3 6100 CPU. I have run into a host of problems, I've followed all of the guides, and I'm still running into this problem. I am having problems booting from the SSD. If I choose the SSD at boot up and then HFS at the Clover screen, the progress bar moves along quite nicely and then I get an error message (attached) and then reboots. IF I try to boot from the USB at boot up and then choose HFS at the clover screen, it boots up no problems. Any ideas?

Hi, I haven't experienced this before, but check this out and see if it helps resolve this issue. There appears to be something going on with the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFamebuffer kext. You must have a mod on your SSD EFI partition that you don't have on your USB EFI boot partition.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ernel-panic-after-some-config-changes.212996/

If this doesn't solve it, perhaps you can use a folder/file compare tool on both EFI partitions (SSD vs USB) to see if you can figure out what is different that would be related to Intel Graphics.

Last edited:
So, I have updated my Bios firmware to the latest version F20. The installation process with Gigabyte's Q-Flash was very easy (there are serval youtube videos for updating the gigabyte bios -
).
Setting up all Bios entries again (see first post) and after that, activate KernelPM, which was already activated, and Patch APIC. I did not have to install EmuVariableUefi-64 because I am using a GT710 which is supported natively.

Things that changed/fixed after Bios update (I am still on Sierra 10.12.0):
- Shutdown is working again (with F4 the shutdown was a reboot)
- No more Sound drop outs (with F4, the sound output stops for a minute or so)
- Wake/Sleep is functioning correctly (with F4, only the second attempt put my Hackintosh to sleep)
- No more multiple Boot Entries (with F4 countless boot entries)
- The silent mode is now silent (with F4 the intel stock cooler is a bit louder)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back