Contribute
Register

“HackinMouse” Skylake H110 Econo Rig | i5-6500 | GA-H110M-A | 16GB | RX560

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you P1LGRIM for you help!

Can you please share your knowledge on how to decipher stack trace error?

You are right that the Serial port under SuperIO of the Advance tab in my BIOS settings is enabled!
I was able to boot into the GUI of OS X installation after I have disabled the Serial port.
But I haven't installed OS X yet. I have to get another SSD for the installation so as not to mess up the current system that is installed.

Can't thank you enough! I have been struggling with this issue for many months now.

Cool, glad you have it sorted out, thanks P1LGRIM! I have updated the original post to include making sure the I/O controller (i.e. Super I/O) is disabled in the BIOS. I think this is in the installation guide, but it is best to include here as well since the controller may or may not be enabled by default on some boards.

As far as how to decipher the stack trace, this isn't something that is easy to teach as they will be different and specific to the fault and module where it occurred. It is essentially a report of what was going on at the point in time at which the issue occurred. These types of errors are meant for programmers and are not meant to be friendly for end-users. They are given so that end-users can report the error back to programmers and they can link the info back up with the code. As an end-user, you can locate the reported error in the stack trace and do some Google searches to find out if others have reported the same error for the module that reported it, but this can be tedious. I have programmed and worked on computers, linux kernels etc. for over 30 years, so what I may see and understand when I read a stack trace will be different than the average user. Even then, if I am not familiar with the module and error reported to give me some idea of what is happening, I have search and dig deeper to try to understand what is happening. So, the best thing you can do is provide the complete error text (or take a picture) and post it so others can try to help out. Good luck with the Hack!

Cool, glad you have it sorted out, thanks P1LGRIM! I have updated the original post to include making sure the I/O controller (i.e. Super I/O) is disabled in the BIOS. I think this is in the installation guide, but it is best to include here as well since the controller may or may not be enabled by default on some boards.

As far as how to decipher the stack trace, this isn't something that is easy to teach as they will be different and specific to the fault and module where it occurred. It is essentially a report of what was going on at the point in time at which the issue occurred. These types of errors are meant for programmers and are not meant to be friendly for end-users. They are given so that end-users can report the error back to programmers and they can link the info back up with the code. As an end-user, you can locate the reported error in the stack trace and do some Google searches to find out if others have reported the same error for the module that reported it, but this can be tedious. I have programmed and worked on computers, linux kernels etc. for over 30 years, so what I may see and understand when I read a stack trace will be different than the average user. Even then, if I am not familiar with the module and error reported to give me some idea of what is happening, I have search and dig deeper to try to understand what is happening. So, the best thing you can do is provide the complete error text (or take a picture) and post it so others can try to help out. Good luck with the Hack!

Thank you very much mots for sharing your time and talent!

I have been very frustrated the past several months with this issue.
I was not able to see people using this motherboard for their Hackintosh build.
I was so happy to find your thread on H110 motherboard even if you used Gigabyte.
I just assumed that MSI motherboard should work since you were able to do it.

More power to you!

Excellent build and subsequent supporting thread @mots :)

I agree that the lower-end cost options can easily build a very capable Hackintosh. It often surprises me to see the amount of money spent on various builds. I suppose it depends on what you want the machine for. Some for serious work, others an alternative to a Windows machine and yet others, just a hobby.

I think the lowest spec motherboard I built a Hack' on was a B85M but it still created a very usable machine. As I recall that just limited amount of RAM, USB port speeds and offered little customisation and overclocking. Currently I'm experimenting with a more expensive motherboard to see what the advantages are, but still keeping everything else "budget".

Good work!

:)

Hi @mots ! was just wondering if you ever tried updating your hackinmouse to ossierra? I tried to but was prohibiting me to "This version of macos 10.12 cannot be installed on this computer" Thanks!!

Hi @mots ! was just wondering if you ever tried updating your hackinmouse to ossierra? I tried to but was prohibiting me to "This version of macos 10.12 cannot be installed on this computer" Thanks!![/Q

I think you have to change your system definition to iMac 14,2 using Multibeast.

I think you have to change your system definition to iMac 14,2 using Multibeast.

Thank You @AppleMacPC :) Figured out this too after reading it doesn't support systems that are 2008 below and some other thats 2009. Thank you so much for confirming!!!

You cant imagine how long i was searching for a budget build but having a dedicated GPU for 1080p gaming. Thanks alot.

GA-H110M-DS2 is not available on Tonymac buying guide. Should i go with it nonetheless? In my country, the similar motherboard GA-H110M-DS2 is available. It has VGA output instead of HDMI, i will be putting Gigabyte 950 so am i going to run into problems?

The GTX 950 will work with the Nvidia web drivers. However, don't count on using the on-board VGA for anything as VGA is not supported by macOS.

As for the H110M-DS2, it appears both the audio and Ethernet drivers are supported in MultiBeast for Sierra.

The GTX 950 will work with the Nvidia web drivers. However, don't count on using the on-board VGA for anything as VGA is not supported by macOS.

As for the H110M-DS2, it appears both the audio and Ethernet drivers are supported in MultiBeast for Sierra.

I have compared both motherboards at Gigabyte website, both have same Audio, and Ethernet modules. The only difference i could find was HDMI vs VGA and Parallel ports. Would you suggest going with H110M-DS2? I need your valuable input. If not, will have to get H110M-A imported from US. I can go that way but it will take a month or so to have the motherboard at my doorstep. GTX 950 is always going to be used in the rig.

I have another query regarding Wifi and Bluetooth module. I plan on buying the following module from ebay. This is slight different from the one you suggested, its like already made combo. Suggest me if i go through this approach.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Broadcom-BC...482894?hash=item4650a1aa4e:g:MfQAAOSw3YNXYMeI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back