GA-H110M-H DDR4
CPU
Core i3-6100
Graphics
GTX 960
Mobile Phone
Android
@invargo

I personally use F20a for my GA-H110M-H DDR4 and I have a very stable build now (I know I posted a while on this thread about my HDMI audio but it's fixed now and all since I installed a GTX 960). If you have questions, I can try to answer it.

I installed F20 on my newly build PC before starting my Sierra install attempt. My first hackintosh PC btw. My first few hackintoshes were laptops.

Motherboard
Clover-macOS Sierra 10.12.1 (GA-Z97X-SLI/GA-H110A-M)
CPU
i7-4770K Haswell/i3-6100 Skylake
Graphics
Intel HD4600/Intel HD-530
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Before you update your bios to f20, you should read this …
Thanks, read through it all. This is my third or fourth Gigabyte board, I have always used Q-Flash to upgrade BIOS and never had any problems. Although I do not have the issue mentioned about multiple UEFI entries, I think I will let the dust settle for a while before upgrading my H110 MB to F20. I just got audio working, and except for the HD-530 wakeup issue, system is running real nicely, even got the HD-530 upper-left corner glitches fixed.

Motherboard
GA-H110M-H DDR4
CPU
Core i3-6100
Graphics
GTX 960
Mobile Phone
Android
Note my comment before yours. Just saying I'm running F20 without issues.

Thanks, read through it all. This is my third or fourth Gigabyte board, I have always used Q-Flash to upgrade BIOS and never had any problems. Although I do not have the issue mentioned about multiple UEFI entries, I think I will let the dust settle for a while before upgrading my H110 MB to F20. I just got audio working, and except for the HD-530 wakeup issue, system is running real nicely, even got the HD-530 upper-left corner glitches fixed.

Motherboard
Clover-macOS Sierra 10.12.1 (GA-Z97X-SLI/GA-H110A-M)
CPU
i7-4770K Haswell/i3-6100 Skylake
Graphics
Intel HD4600/Intel HD-530
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yes, thanks, definitely helps to know that. I was just thinking that some had issues, others not, and since I didn't have an urgent need to update the BIOS I could wait a bit, particularly since there's no going back. But, definitely good to know you had success.

I

invargo

Which means, you are running an Alpha of the F20 Bios? Or is my interpretation of the letter "a" after F20 wrong?

However in both my cases clover would NOT boot macOS at all until I checked/enabled both "Patch APIC" and "KernelPM" options in clover.
I am not sure how to enable these options, when macOS is not booting anymore. Is it possible to enable the "KernelPM" and "Patch APIC" temporarily via clover boot args?

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9900K
Graphics
UHD630 & Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I am not sure how to enable these options, when macOS is not booting anymore. Is it possible to enable the "KernelPM" and "Patch APIC" temporarily via clover boot args?
Yes, they are options in the clover boot menus.
g\

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS ULTRA GAMING WIFI
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro
Awesome, thanks for stopping by. Good luck on the build and let us know how it goes. Typing this response on the HackinMouse right now, love this little machine!
Found this video on youtube for the glitch fix on HD530
Got it fixed!

Motherboard
GA-H110M-H DDR4
CPU
Core i3-6100
Graphics
GTX 960
Mobile Phone
Android
Which means, you are running an Alpha of the F20 Bios? Or is my interpretation of the letter "a" after F20 wrong?
Yes. I guess that's what it meant. However, when I check again earlier from the Gigabyte website, the F20a is gone and replaced by the F20. I am not planning to upgrade anymore tho. I still have the F20a package on my flash drive.

Motherboard
GA-H110M-A
CPU
i3-6100
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Finally upgraded the machine to Sierra about a month ago using the following guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/direct-update-to-macos-sierra-using-clover.201465/

• I used the Clover Configurator to update Clover before the install.
  • I used the latest Sierra MultiBeast to get audio working again. I used the non-legacy ALC887 drivers
Guide was great. The only minor issues I had were:
  1. I had to keep the "inject kext" option in Clover, otherwise the install wouldn't complete (progress bar stuck). I don't know if the guide was originally incorrect or if I misread something, but as soon as I injected kexts from Clover all was well.
  2. Somehow I lost my config.plist. Not a big deal since I had a backup of the EFI folder and transferred settings backs into the new config.plist.

Motherboard
GA-H110M-A
CPU
i3-6100
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Hi Folks, do not upgrade to Gigabyte BIOS F20, especially if you have an Nvidia card. The Nvidia card will not work even after resetting all the BIOS settings as shown in the OP. F20 does fix all the extra boot options that show up in the BIOS (nice), but it breaks Nvidia support! MacOS would not see my Nvidia card not matter what. I also found some others with the same issue and no resolution.

[Disclaimer: proceed at your own risk!]
Good news:
For those that need to go back to F5 from F20, I figured out how to flash back to F5 as follows:
  1. On Windows, I used "Rufus" to create a bootable FreeDOS USB stick
  2. Download the F5 bios from Gigabyte
  3. Copy the F5 bios file to the bootable USB and name it bios.bin
  4. Download the FPT Z170 Tool for DOS (yes it works for other MB's like my H110)
  5. Place the FPT files/folders on the USB stick
    • Note: I left the Rufus AUTOEXEC.BAT so I could control the command.
  6. Insert your USB stick
  7. Boot to Clover and you can see the EFI DOS USB stick, then boot from it.
  8. At the C:> prompt type: fpt.ext -f bios.bin and let it do it's work.
  9. It should say it was successful.
  10. Reboot, the BIOS will force a shutoff once and then come back on...don't sweat it.
  11. Reset all your BIOS setting back to original hack needs (see OP if you forget).
  12. Profit, Nvidia works again!
Before you update your bios to f20, you should read this …
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-update-your-gigabyte-motherboards-bios.131047/page-3
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/psa-gigabyte-f20b-bios-changes.207965/

Downgrading from bios f20 is not that easy (gigabyte prevents a downgrade) and your system may not boot into macOS.

I would love to test the new Bios F20, because I have multiple extra Clover BIOS boot entries that are unnecessary and could damage my system in the long run.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-remove-extra-clover-bios-boot-entries-prevent-further-problems.175274/page-9#post-1268381 (Bios F20 could fix this problem)

Anyone who tested the F20 Bios on H110 Chipset?
@invargo

I personally use F20a for my GA-H110M-H DDR4 and I have a very stable build now (I know I posted a while on this thread about my HDMI audio but it's fixed now and all since I installed a GTX 960). If you have questions, I can try to answer it.

I installed F20 on my newly build PC before starting my Sierra install attempt. My first hackintosh PC btw. My first few hackintoshes were laptops.

Yes. I guess that's what it meant. However, when I check again earlier from the Gigabyte website, the F20a is gone and replaced by the F20. I am not planning to upgrade anymore tho. I still have the F20a package on my flash drive.