Contribute
Register

Hacking an Acer Aspire E15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found it on GitHub but can’t work out how to download it Might just copy and paste the contents.

Found it on GitHub but can’t work out how to download it Might just copy and paste the contents.
the laptop guide are you following explains it

OK so I changed the .plist and now the Trackpad is working :)

However still wont install OS X :(

I think I'll start this install from fresh if I can by formating the HDD again, just need to work out how.

Same problem just keeps trying to install OS X on the formatted HDD and ends up say no eligible devices found?

I am now trying this guide whilst paying close attention to this guide on DSDT and SSDT patches.

I have patched DSDT.aml however in the guide I am following it only mentions patching a file called SSDT-6.aml however I have seven SSDT files?

Anyway I tried without editing the SSDT file and proceeded, I booted the installer in verbose mode and after a while got this.

Attachments

• IMG_7092.jpg
    IMG_7092.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Same problem just keeps trying to install OS X on the formatted HDD and ends up say no eligible devices found?

I am now trying this guide whilst paying close attention to this guide on DSDT and SSDT patches.

I have patched DSDT.aml however in the guide I am following it only mentions patching a file called SSDT-6.aml however I have seven SSDT files?

Anyway I tried without editing the SSDT file and proceeded, I booted the installer in verbose mode and after a while got this.
your image says "still waiting for root device" have a search for that

no need for a patched DSDT to get the installer working

your image says "still waiting for root device" have a search for that

no need for a patched DSDT to get the installer working

OK so following your advice I used a USB Hub and got past the error, all seemed to be going well and booted into Clover and I ran the OS X Installer in Verbose Mode. I ended up at the OS X installation screen where I was able to access Disk Utilities and Erased the HDD.
I then started the OS X install but after a while I received the message:

OS X Could not be installed on your computer
No packages were eligible of install

I have added screenshots taken during the failed instal process if this helps anyone to troubleshoot this, they are numbered 1_Image to 21_Image (8 is missing)

Attachments

• 21_Image.JPG
    21_Image.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 72
  • 16_Image.JPG
    16_Image.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 77
  • 7_Image.JPG
    7_Image.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 65
  • 13_Image.JPG
    13_Image.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 69
  • 15_Image.JPG
    15_Image.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 68
  • 3_Image.JPG
    3_Image.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 72
  • 2_Image.JPG
    2_Image.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 64
  • 14_Image.JPG
    14_Image.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 70
  • 10_Image.JPG
    10_Image.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 69
  • 20_Image.JPG
    20_Image.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 76
  • 18_Image.JPG
    18_Image.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 82
  • 17_Image.JPG
    17_Image.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 69
  • 11_Image.JPG
    11_Image.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 76
  • 9_Image.JPG
    9_Image.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 72
  • 12_Image.JPG
    12_Image.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 67
  • 5_Image.JPG
    5_Image.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 68
  • 6_Image.JPG
    6_Image.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 71
  • 4_Image.JPG
    4_Image.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 74
  • 1_Image.JPG
    1_Image.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 72
Well after doing a search using the terms "No packages were eligible for install" in this forum, it seems several people have got over this error by changing the system date and time to an older date e.g. 28/04/2016. Apparently it's due to an expiry date for El Capitan certificates and setting the older date works.
Currently at 12 minutes remaining when I left it.

We shall see :)

Well after doing a search using the terms "No packages were eligible for install" in this forum, it seems several people have got over this error by changing the system date and time to an older date e.g. 28/04/2016. Apparently it's due to an expiry date for El Capitan certificates and setting the older date works.
Currently at 12 minutes remaining when I left it.

We shall see :)
it's good to search :)

So it booted back into the Clover menu with several devices showing one of which was the Mac OS X Install which I then booted from.
The installation continued and finished.
I now have an El Capitan Desktop.

I’ll go back to the guide and look at the post installation tasks. Something I noticed during the install was the lack of WiFi option, I read about this so need to look into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back