i5-4210U 1.75GHz Haswell ULT
Graphics
Intel 0x1025 (HD 4400)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi;

Doing my first ever Hackintosh on a donated Acer Aspire E15.
In the Unibeast build guide, at Step 3, it talks about recommended BIOS settings and mentions whether you have an AMI UEFI BIOS. The Acer Aspire has an InsydeHD20 BIOS, which having not built PCs for a number of years, I have never heard of (although they declare it as the most widely used BIOS).

On thier website it is named as a UEFI BIOS.

Would this be OK to leave BISO settings as default, or do I need to customise?

Thanks

Hi;

Doing my first ever Hackintosh on a donated Acer Aspire E15.
In the Unibeast build guide, at Step 3, it talks about recommended BIOS settings and mentions whether you have an AMI UEFI BIOS. The Acer Aspire has an InsydeHD20 BIOS, which having not built PCs for a number of years, I have never heard of (although they declare it as the most widely used BIOS).

On thier website it is named as a UEFI BIOS.

Would this be OK to leave BISO settings as default, or do I need to customise?

Thanks
not a desktop!

i have moved your post to laptop support

read this:

Sorry - nube at this - where are the Laptop Guides? I followed a Desktop Guide. Managed to get UniBeast to boot from the USB by plugging in a USB Hub but now I have a wierd "Apple?" animation shosing the side of a mac and then what looks like the bottom of a mouse?

Sorry - nube at this - where are the Laptop Guides? I followed a Desktop Guide. Managed to get UniBeast to boot from the USB by plugging in a USB Hub but now I have a wierd "Apple?" animation shosing the side of a mac and then what looks like the bottom of a mouse?
already gave you a link, re read it

unibeast is for desktops

OK so have read the Laptop FAQ and have been running through this guide with El Capitan as the chosen OS.

I made several mistakes with the guide as you need to read ahead before doing certain parts, especially when it comes to obtaining the kext files and editing the config.plist, but I think I am there.

There are virtually no options with the BIOS on this Laptop apart from booting from a USB :) so I went with it.

I have managed to get to the OS X Utilities but have no mouse, the trackpad works on the Laptop as it has Windows 10 installed and is a working environment. However I it came with a USB Mouse which I have juts plugged in and it works.

I formatted the OS Disk and then selected to install El Capitan, it seemed to run through OK but then once it finished I ended up with an OS X window saying "OS X could not be installed on your computer" " No packages were eligible for install - Restart"

Tried again this time selecting 'verbose' mode and reformatted the HDD.

Same issue - OS X could not be installed on your computer.

Everytime I keep getting back to the OX Install screen showing me two devices - the Instal_osx and the Laptops HDD.

OK so have read the Laptop FAQ and have been running through this guide with El Capitan as the chosen OS.

I made several mistakes with the guide as you need to read ahead before doing certain parts, especially when it comes to obtaining the kext files and editing the config.plist, but I think I am there.

There are virtually no options with the BIOS on this Laptop apart from booting from a USB :) so I went with it.

I have managed to get to the OS X Utilities but have no mouse, the trackpad works on the Laptop as it has Windows 10 installed and is a working environment. However I it came with a USB Mouse which I have juts plugged in and it works.

I formatted the OS Disk and then selected to install El Capitan, it seemed to run through OK but then once it finished I ended up with an OS X window saying "OS X could not be installed on your computer" " No packages were eligible for install - Restart"

Tried again this time selecting 'verbose' mode and reformatted the HDD.

Same issue - OS X could not be installed on your computer.

Everytime I keep getting back to the OX Install screen showing me two devices - the Instal_osx and the Laptops HDD.
you will have to upload your zipped clover folder

you will have to upload your zipped clover folder

OK here it is.
Also updated my profile after running CPU ID on the host machine before I formatted it :)

Attachments

• CLOVER EFI.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 142
OK here it is.
Also updated my profile after running CPU ID on the host machine before I formatted it :)
if you have hd4400 graphics, then best to use the config,plist that has hd4400 in the title

if you have hd4400 graphics, then best to use the config,plist that has hd4400 in the title
I used the HD4000 1366x 768 - didn't see a 4400 one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back