Contribute
Register

HackinDROM App testing (not website)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HackinDROM removes the original SystemUUID so please do the following:
  • Open your config.plist in OpenCore Configurator (v2.33.1.2 or later).
  • In the PlatformInfo --> DataHub page, check if System UUIDis simply "dsdq".
    • If so, click the Generate button (marked "- 4 -") in the screenshot.
  • I noticed that your System Product Name is iMac18,3 instead of iMac19,1or newer.
    • If this is a migrated system, it means you might have a proper System UUID from the previous build. It would be best to find that old System UUID and copy-paste it here instead of clicking the "Generate" button.
    • But if this is in fact a brand new system with new serials, I would recommend iMac19,1.
  • Then save the file and reboot the system.
  • After logging back into macOS, run HackinDROM and see if everyone works normally.
View attachment 515303

The system UUID looks fine in OCC, as does the MLB, ROM, etc. I didn't see "Removed by HackinDROM" anywhere in the DataHub>Generic page.

Re: the 18,3 System Product Name, yes, this is a migrated system from Clover, just a couple of weeks ago.

CORRECTION: I transferred platform info from Clover to OC manually, but copying the info between config.plists via ProperTree.

After switching to OC, I also tried new platform info for iMac19,1. (I generated this with the GenSMBIOS app and checked the serial at the Apple site.) Problems arose, like eject buttons missing from USB drives in the Finder sidebar, some USB ports not working IIRC, and other things I'd have to dig into my notes to recall.

I reverted to the 18,3 info and the problems went away.

HackinDROM removes the original SystemUUID

What does that mean, exactly? It removes it for display purposes in the app?

Am I correct that seeing those letters in the System UUID field in the HackinDROM App is not a problem?

Last edited:
What does that mean, exactly? It removes it for display purposes in the app?

Am I correct that seeing those letters in the System UUID field in the HackinDROM App is not a problem?
HackinDROM removes Serial Numbers for the Report Archive, so we can publish the Archive on Internet without carrying about Serials
I transferred the PlatformInfo to the OpenCore config.plist via the HackinDROM web app.
Maybe the issue was already present in your Clover's config.plist so the website wasn't able to import it properly

OpenCore is very strict and that is why it is very stable

HackinDROM removes Serial Numbers for the Report Archive, so we can publish the Archive on Internet without carrying about Serials
Got it - thanks! So it's normal to see those four letters in the HackinDROM app instead of system UUID.
Maybe the issue was already present in your Clover's config.plist so the website wasn't able to import it properly
Why do you say it wasn't imported properly? It looks fine in Platform Info > DataHub, and my system seems to be running without any problems.

Last edited:
Got it - thanks! So it's normal to see those four letters in the HackinDROM app instead of system UUID.

Why do you say it wasn't imported properly? It looks fine in Platform Info > DataHub, and my system seems to be running without any problems.
It could be correctly filed in appropriate field but maybe it is in conflict with another parameter of that config.plist so its injection into the system is prevented during the boot cycle
Have a look at theses IOReg files:
Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 02.33.14.png

It could be correctly filed in appropriate field but maybe it is in conflict with another parameter of that config.plist so its injection into the system is prevented during the boot cycle
Have a look at theses IOReg files:
View attachment 515315

Thanks for this, but how do I fix it?

When I transferred the Clover info into CaseySJ's OpenCore 0.6.6 EFI, I'm certain I didn't change anything else in his config.plist.

The only other thing I've done since then is upgrade to his 0.6.8 EFI, and that's when I used the HackinDROM web tool to transfer PlatformInfo. Again, I'm certain I made no other changes.

Here's my PlatformInfo, for what it's worth:

OCC_PlatformInfo.png

Last edited:
Thanks for this, but how do I fix it?

When I transferred the Clover info into CaseySJ's OpenCore 0.6.6 EFI, I'm certain I didn't change anything else in his config.plist.

The only other thing I've done since then is upgrade to his 0.6.8 EFI, and that's when I used the HackinDROM web tool to transfer PlatformInfo. Again, I'm certain I made no other changes.

Here's my PlatformInfo, for what it's worth:

View attachment 515318
The System UUID in the screenshot starts with “UUID:”. This is an error. We need to remove these leading characters.

The System UUID in the screenshot starts with “UUID:”. This is an error. We need to remove these leading characters.
Holly shé&"u&é"&à)) :silent::think:

Corrected in OCC. Restarted, reset NVRAM, checked again in OCC and HackinDROM - System UUID appears correctly in both. Great!

Aargh! Sorry for the dumb mistake, and thanks very much for the help. :oops: :oops: :oops:

One more question: in HackinDROM's drive list, one of the five internal drives appears without a name - only the model #. Should I be concerned?

Drive-name-missing.png

Great app! Thanks again, @Inqnuam !

Corrected in OCC. Restarted, reset NVRAM, checked again in OCC and HackinDROM - System UUID appears correctly in both. Great!

Aargh! Sorry for the dumb mistake, and thanks very much for the help. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Thank you for helping me find that issue and fixing it for other users
One more question: in HackinDROM's drive list, one of the five internal drives appears without a name - only the model #.
This is probably a drive that contains Microsoft EFI partition, Linux, or something else

If possible for Linux EFI the app print "Linux + emoji"
If it is Windows and the app was able to detect it as is then you'll see "Windows xx"
If it is Windows but the app can't guess it for sure 100% it is Windows then you'll see "Windows + emoji"
and probably, I think your drive without name is a Microsoft EFI partition without partition name

I'll publish an update very soon adding a new functionality + a name for theses no name partitions

Should I be concerned?
I dont think you are planning to install Hackintosh OpenCore EFI on that disk so you no you are not
But i'll add a text for that because it is better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back