Contribute
Register

HackinDROM App for OpenCore EFI Creation and Update

Your config.plist is probably borked by OpenCore Configurator.
You may fix it by re-opening your config.plist with OCC (with OC 0.8.6 compatible settings ) and save the file again
Spot on, thanks!

Trying to go from 0.8.3 to 0.8.5, but I am getting the not enough disk space message. I deleted a 14MB backup file and current EFI is about 70MB. 0.8.5 needs 140MB?
My current Opencore Released version 0.8.6 EFI folder (for my computer at left) has a footprint of 7,813,740 Bytes (8.1 Mbytes on disk). Attached here for your reference (with Platform/Generic data deleted).

Attachments

• OpenCore 0.8.6 MM EFI.zip
    5 MB · Views: 48
My current Opencore Released version 0.8.6 EFI folder (for my computer at left) has a footprint of 7,813,740 Bytes (8.1 Mbytes on disk). Attached here for your reference (with Platform/Generic data deleted).
I definitely don't know what all this stuff is, but thinking the firmware file is the 19,1 definition and that alone is 17MB. Then I guess I have a couple of fat airport kexts, running Monterey for now so maybe I don't need Ventura, but at some point will update to that …

1668879763035.png

I definitely don't know what all this stuff is, but thinking the firmware file is the 19,1 definition and that alone is 17MB. Then I guess I have a couple of fat airport kexts, running Monterey for now so maybe I don't need Ventura, but at some point will update to that …

View attachment 558411
If you’re only using Monterey then you don’t the airportitlwm.kext for Ventura as well. When you decide to update to Ventura, swap the kexts.

View attachment 558411
I guess I could get rid of a bunch of those kexts, most are not being loaded:

1668880029421.png

I have a quick question. I noticed one of the profiles is not present in hackindrom.
Is there any chance to have the profile for Z690 Proart Creation?
Screenshot 2022-12-09 at 1.36.50 AM.png

THanks

Hello everyone,

A friend is currently running Catalina latest version on a motherboard ASUS Prime X299-A .
He is booting on OC 0.73 and all is fine.
I wanted to help him using HackinDROM to update his config but when launching the apps he can't get the disks installed on his machine. and is unable to check the box for automatic launch of the app at the login of his hack.
He is running the latest version of HackinDROM.
2 questions:
- How to enable the automatic launch of the App.?
- If I remember correctly, even though his mother board is not in the list of the server, we still can upgrade his EFI, but of course can't create a new one from scratch. Is that correct? If it is, what are we doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for you invaluable help as usual !
Mac

@Inqnuam @CaseySJ Here is attached the EFI I got for the ASUS Prime X299-A currently running Catalina on OC 0.73 . Could you please have a look and consider for adding to the data base? TIA !

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.4 MB · Views: 46
@Inqnuam @CaseySJ Here is attached the EFI I got for the ASUS Prime X299-A currently running Catalina on OC 0.73 . Could you please have a look and consider for adding to the data base? TIA !
I've uploaded it on HackinDROM, which says 0.8.3 instead of 0.7.3. But it should be okay.

@CaseySJ Thanks a lot!
However here is what I see on HackinDROM when trying to create an EFI.
Is it under a different name? (no idea why...).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 8.45.52 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 8.45.52 AM.png
    99.5 KB · Views: 24
Back