Contribute
Register

HackinDROM App for OpenCore EFI Creation and Update

Hi @Inqnuam I am using your apps without any problem.
Just to let you know that I use Macupdater to monitor the apps and upgrades available.
Up to recently your apps was properly monitored and update available were poping up when necessary.
Since V 2.1.2 it's no longer online with the version I get from your Apps.
Not a big deal though ;-)
Hello,
I have no idea how MacUpdater finds new available versions.
I guess they check GitHub repo releases tags
I don't think I have changed anything in the repo or in the app that can cause your issue

With the imminent release of Ventura upon the world, I'm getting my EFI ready to add to the Database. Just have a couple of questions, What SMBIOS info do I actually need to delete?, and should I remove the device property for renaming the GPU?. I've changed the core count in the first 3 patches to CC.

View attachment 556361

View attachment 556358 View attachment 556359 View attachment 556360

If I remember correctly from the builds I uploaded, I didn't need to delete any SMBIOS info, because HackinDROM makes it anonymous by itself. @Inqnuam can verify that perhaps.

I'm on HackinDROM 2.1.4 and my Ventura EFI is on OC 0.8.3. It indicates this is the latest version? This is booting and seems fully functional. This is my first attempt at using HackinDROM to stay up to date. I thought 0.8.5 was the latest.

I'm on HackinDROM 2.1.4 and my Ventura EFI is on OC 0.8.3.
I was getting similar behavior on Monterey & OC 0.8.3

Using the right click - Update option I got the following config.plist validation error warning and initially decided not to proceed with updating OC at the time and just upgraded without difficulty to Ventura on 0.8.3. Then saw the @emistral post #9931 on the Z490 Vision D thread which had the same warning even though the settings noted in the warning were already set correctly. Subsequently updated to 0.8.5 using "Update anyway" without problems. Screen Shot 2022-11-05 at 2.33.55 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-05 at 2.21.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-05 at 2.21.28 PM.png
    184.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I was getting similar behavior on Monterey & OC 0.8.3

Using the right click - Update option I got the following config.plist validation error warning and initially decided not to proceed with updating OC at the time and just upgraded without difficulty to Ventura on 0.8.3. Then saw the @emistral post #9931 on the Z490 Vision D thread which had the same warning even though the settings noted in the warning were already set correctly. Subsequently updated to 0.8.5 using "Update anyway" without problems.

I wish the keeper of the golden build for my mobo here (Casey) would do a config.plist specifically for the OS (Monterey and Ventura), with none of the legacy stuff included. I'm not saying it would work any better, but I suspect it would be a lot shorter and simpler. As it is, I just use his OC zip file as he releases them.

I wish the keeper of the golden build for my mobo here (Casey) would do a config.plist specifically for the OS (Monterey and Ventura), with none of the legacy stuff included. I'm not saying it would work any better, but I suspect it would be a lot shorter and simpler. As it is, I just use his OC zip file as he releases them.
Can you not make your own?, it’s not difficult!.

easy enough to disable/remove the bits that you do not need in your config.plist

Back