Contribute
Register

HackinDROM App for OpenCore EFI Creation and Update

BIG THX
just my experience as tiny little user, I went to open core 0.6.9 a year ago and never upgraded before (many tries with 0% success) :headbang:
Anyway just installed the hackinDROM and followed the video...
Opening the app. right click on my USB install (with last version of Big Sur 11.7)
and upgrade from 0.6.9
very surprised that I didn't go to all the menu explained... (I didn't choose the mobo and wifi as I have a TRx40 and 3970x)
just let it go and just rebooted choosing the USB as boot loader then choosing my Mac OS for booting (not installer)

then checking with "nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:eek:pencore-version" with terminal
and found that 0.8.4 was installed

I cannot thank you as much as you deserved, it was a terrible pain to upgrade the open core (and others like kexts) with success

your app simplify everything
good job

BIG THX
just my experience as tiny little user, I went to open core 0.6.9 a year ago and never upgraded before (many tries with 0% success) :headbang:
Opening the app. right click on my USB install (with last version of Big Sur 11.7)
and upgrade from 0.6.9
very surprised that I didn't go to all the menu explained... (I didn't choose the mobo and wifi as I have a TRx40 and 3970x)
just let it go and just rebooted choosing the USB as boot loader then choosing my Mac OS for booting (not installer)

then checking with "nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:eek:pencore-version" with terminal

I cannot thank you as much as you deserved, it was a terrible pain to upgrade the open core (and others like kexts) with success

good job
Glad to hear that HackinDROM is useful

Thanks for your work.

BIG THX
and upgrade from 0.6.9

good job
And I'm glad the video helped :mrgreen:

Reactions: GDS

@CaseySJ @Inqnuam

I guess this one needs a bit of an update. E.g., it also works with Ventura.

@CaseySJ @Inqnuam

I guess this one needs a bit of an update. E.g., it also works with Ventura.
I’ve updated the title to include both Monterrey and Ventura.

Question about the generate new EFI feature. It looks like the OC version associated with this is only 0.7.8 from last February. Is there any way that can be changed to include the latest 0.8.4 when a new EFI is created ? Is that dependent on the person that uploaded the EFI originally ?

Last edited:
Question about the generate new EFI feature. It looks like the OC version associated with this is only 0.7.8 from last February. Is there any way that can be changed to include the latest 0.8.4 when a new EFI is created ? Is that dependent on the person that uploaded the EFI originally ?
Basically, no. But if you create a efi based on whatever (in or without the app) then you can load your efi with hackindrom afterwards and update it to the latest OC version.

Is it possible to update an EFI folder, out of an EFI partition?

I mean just update a folder containing the EFI.

Is it possible to update an EFI folder, out of an EFI partition?

I mean just update a folder containing the EFI.
Yes, this has been available in the last few versions of HackinDROM. We mount the EFI partition and right-click on the left side of that row. Then select “Update”.

Back