Contribute
Register

HackinDROM App for OpenCore EFI Creation and Update

Yes Sir, using context menu
View attachment 545098

However native CMD + actions are not working :problem: Will check this before the next release
Thanks! I'll use right-click context menu in the meantime (didn't realize that was available).

Hi,

I'm sure this is a very stupid question and I'm overlooking the obvious but after updating to HackinDROM v2.1.1 using the new method (right mouse button and clicking on 'update') I am unable to adjust settings for my current OC install (0.7.9). I want to disable the 'BlueToolFixup' kext as I understood that I don't need that (Fenvi card installed on my Z490 Vision G mobo) and recently I have some bluetooth issues (Beats Fit Pro intermittent disconnecting). To be more precise: I'm looking for those switches I can set on or off when updating OpenCore to a new version. The same goes for changing Boot arguments. I don't understand how to do that now.

I tried searching this thread but could not find an answer. I also read the last couple of pages but could not find any useful info. Has Covid-19 finally made me stupid? :geek:

Thanks in advance!
BonaParty

Hi,

I'm sure this is a very stupid question and I'm overlooking the obvious but after updating to HackinDROM v2.1.1 using the new method (right mouse button and clicking on 'update') I am unable to adjust settings for my current OC install (0.7.9). I want to disable the 'BlueToolFixup' kext as I understood that I don't need that (Fenvi card installed on my Z490 Vision G mobo) and recently I have some bluetooth issues (Beats Fit Pro intermittent disconnecting). To be more precise: I'm looking for those switches I can set on or off when updating OpenCore to a new version. The same goes for changing Boot arguments. I don't understand how to do that now.

I tried searching this thread but could not find an answer. I also read the last couple of pages but could not find any useful info. Has Covid-19 finally made me stupid? :geek:

Thanks in advance!
BonaParty
Theres no stupid question!
The new updater (from context menu) will only update your EFI.
If in your old config.plist BlueToolFixup is disabled then it will remain disabled in your new config.plist
Same for all other parameters including boot-args, it will stay the same as before.

If you need to modify them you'll need a plist editor to modify your config.plist, you can also use OpenCore Configurator to modify your config.plist (be sure you have selected the correct OC version in OCC preferences window)

Theres no stupid question!
The new updater (from context menu) will only update your EFI.
If in your old config.plist BlueToolFixup is disabled then it will remain disabled in your new config.plist
Same for all other parameters including boot-args, it will stay the same as before.

If you need to modify them you'll need a plist editor to modify your config.plist, you can also use OpenCore Configurator to modify your config.plist (be sure you have selected the correct OC version in OCC preferences window)
Thanks for replying so quickly. I guess I didn't get the memo about OpenCore Configurator. ;) I am checking it out as we speak. But I must say that I really enjoyed the simplicity and one-stop-solution idea of HackinDROM but I'm sure there are good reasons to split 'configuration' from the HackinDROM app.
Thanks again for helping me forward.

Hi! I have HackinDROM 2.1.1 but it isn't offering me the option of updating to OpenCore 0.7.9 - is that expected?
Thanks

Hi! I have HackinDROM 2.1.1 but it isn't offering me the option of updating to OpenCore 0.7.9 - is that expected?
Thanks
Have you tried the following:
  • First click one of the orange "Mount" buttons to mount EFI.
  • Then right-click in the text area on the left side.
  • You should see a pop-up menu with only one option: Update

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 11.22.05 AM.png

Aha, many thanks. Not very.....obvious ? ;-)

Wasn't it the case before that something would alert us if the currently installed version was < the current release version of OpenCore? I forget.

Unrelated question: What is this icon for? There's no hint when I hover over it and clicking it doesn't seem to do anything (there's no UI feedback) ?

SCR-20220413-dfv.png

Aha, many thanks. Not very.....obvious ? ;-)

Wasn't it the case before that something would alert us if the currently installed version was < the current release version of OpenCore? I forget.

Unrelated question: What is this icon for? There's no hint when I hover over it and clicking it doesn't seem to do anything (there's no UI feedback) ?

View attachment 545872
That icon refreshes or reloads the list of disks.

Successfully updated OpenCore from 0.7.5 to 0.8.0 using HackinDROM on the Mini Cube. I will add the EFI to the Database after some cleaning up.

Back