Contribute
Register

HackinDROM App for OpenCore EFI Creation and Update

Here's a well done video guide to updating your OC version with HackinDrom. Peter Chato uses a Gigabyte Vision G motherboard. Gets a big :thumbup: from Peter who uses it often. You'd have to be crazy not to use HackinDrom to update your hackintosh.

Screen Shot 9.jpg

it For Gigabyte Z490.... when for z590 ??? !!!!

Hello,
I downloaded this HackinDROM app and created a new EFI folder for my Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P.
I got the following error at boot, could you help me to understand what is going wrong?
Thank you.

My config:
AMD Ryzen 5900X
Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P
nVidia GTX680

Attachments

• 8168B00C-28F0-4219-8A01-499DC2960FC2.jpeg
    8168B00C-28F0-4219-8A01-499DC2960FC2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
help me to understand what is going wrong?
It is a mismatch between your config.plist and the version of OpenCore.
Compare your config.plist with the sample plist provided with OpenCore.

Run ocvalidate and fix all of the errors.

Thanks.
The config.plist had 4 errors indeed (some illegal characters, a wrong setting in UEFI>Output>Resolution). They are fixed now, unfortunately the same error on boot.

The OC version downloaded is 0.7.2.
When I open che config.plist with OpenCore Configurator (0.7.2) I get a long list of errors I don’t know how to fix (most of them), including those were shown at boot.

Did I do a wrong procedure?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Thanks.
The config.plist had 4 errors indeed (some illegal characters, a wrong setting in UEFI>Output>Resolution). They are fixed now, unfortunately the same error on boot.
Note that the latest OC version available on HackinDROM App for Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P is OC 0.7.2
Current version is 0.7.6 (soon 0.7.7)

if you want to check your 0.7.2 config.plist you must use ocvalidate for 0.7.2

Note that the latest OC version available on HackinDROM App for Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P is OC 0.7.2
Current version is 0.7.6 (soon 0.7.7)

if you want to check your 0.7.2 config.plist you must use ocvalidate for 0.7.2
Hello, yes, noted that.
I used ocvalidate with OpenCore Configurator 0.7.2, all errors are now fixed. Unfortunately, I am still unable to boot correctly.
I don’t know how to proceed further at this point.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 31
Hello, yes, noted that.
I used ocvalidate with OpenCore Configurator 0.7.2, all errors are now fixed. Unfortunately, I am still unable to boot correctly.
I don’t know how to proceed further at this point.
This EFI like many others is kindly uploaded by @CaseySJ, maybe he could help you if he see this post ? :)

Back