Contribute
Register

HackinDROM App for OpenCore EFI Creation and Update

Details update the update process
(you can find full procedure in source code on GitHub!)

When you mount your EFI partition the app based on your selected Build in Settings compares your local OC version of your mounted EFI to the latest EFI posted by your EFI provider
If your version is lower than what is uploaded to the database then you see "Update OC" button
After clicking on "Update OC" the app merges your kexts amls and drivers with provider's OC EFI and presents to your the sidebar with AML Kexts Drivers where you decide what you need to update and/or enable

During the update process OC is updated from provider uploaded EFI
for each aml driver kext you have selected the app checks if they are present in providers EFI then "download" it for you if they are newer than yours
If any selected driver kext isn't present in providers EFI then the app checks for a newer version on GitHub and download it for you
Finally providers config.plist is taken as base for the new version and every field's values are checked in your local config.plist
If your local field type is the same as in providers plist then your local value is imported into the new config.plist.
Any field that is not present in your local config.plist and it is required by OC will take providers defined value
In standalone mode new versions will be checked on GitHub and will be downloaded from there directly
the new config.plist will be based on OC official sample, failsafe values will by applied on missing local fields

Thanks. That's clear and matching my thoughts.
Anyway it's useless discussion as @CaseySJ promised to be back next month. :cool: :)

I know you meant it like a joke, but it's actually a very valid discussion. It could be that for example a verified uploader suddenly is out of the picture (sickness, death or more positive, he/she won the lottery and decided to buy a real mac :mrgreen: ). Then, the stand-alone option in HackinDrom will become very handy because it eliminates the need for a verified efi-uploader :) and people can still update their OpenCore-version.

It was a joke indeed :)
This month I was one of the beta tester for Z490 OC 0.75 @CaseySJ asked for.
I did it manually and felt the fear feeling I was experiencing every month before this application came on the forum...
Good memories, not just clicking on a button (joke again...)

Maybe try reinstalling the app? I really don't know. If you see from the posts above other users are able to see the new OC EFI version for z390 Aorus Pro, so I guess the problem must be at your end. I don't know enough about the app to help you with the troubleshooting.
Ben, any chance you can upload your EFI of the current OC for me to test?

Thank you much!
On my NVME WD Black drive I was able to install Monterey but get constant restarts. I posted a thread on it if you're interested. Not sure what's going on.

A newbie question and story:

I converted from Clover to OpenCore after installing the latter on a Dell 9020 running Big Sur and Monterey and seeing what a great boot launcher it is.

I took the OpenCore EFI and System folders and found that it would boot my other desktop that has a GA-Z170X-UD3 motherboard.

Thinking shortcut! I then referenced some other sample EFIs and customized the EFI folder contents and config.plist with new serial numbers, etc. I even referenced a member's GA-Z170X-UD3 EFI.

The Big Sur is there in the picker. So is Windows 10. But the Gigabyte desktop also triple boots into and Mojave.

The latter Mojave SSD disk doesn't show up in the picker. However, if I take the Mojave's backup disk (an old HDD) and copy the EFI and System folders over from the Big Sur SSD and boot off the external backup HDD, I have all three OSs in the picker. All work from there. But I don't want to boot off an external drive.

As a newbie to OpenCore, how does one just "copy" the EFI folder into the EFI partition and see all three OSs in the OpenCore picker?

Why would the external HDD have the magic and the internal SSDs have none?

Like many dumb questions, there are no dumb keywords to search for a solution online that makes sense.

Back