Contribute
Register

HackinDROM App for OpenCore EFI Creation and Update

Will do so soon. Thanks!
@Inqnuam,

I just did a fresh update from OC 0.7.1 to OC 0.7.2 on the Z490 Vision D. My observations:
  • Good:
    • System DMAR table is deleted correctly
    • SSDT-DMAR is added correctly
    • DisableIoMapper is unchecked correctly
  • Bad:
    • UEFI --> APFS --> MinDate and MinVersion are -1 in the file I uploaded to HackinDROM, but after the update, my local config.plist has the value 0 for both. This will prevent Mojave and Catalina from being visible in OpenCore Picker.

We can see here that the original file that was upload to HackinDROM has -1 and -1.
Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 1.30.24 PM.png

But after updating my OC 0.7.1 EFI folder to OC 0.7.2, the value 0 appears:
Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 1.34.59 PM.png

UEFI --> APFS --> MinDate and MinVersion are -1 in the file I uploaded to HackinDROM, but after the update, my local config.plist has the value 0 for both. This will prevent Mojave and Catalina from being visible in OpenCore Picker.
I can easily force the -1 value, but what if someone wants to keep his own configured value?
(-1 is strongly discouraged by Acidanthera team)

PS: v1.5.0 supports AMD Total Cores selection for amd-osx

I can easily force the -1 value, but what if someone wants to keep his own configured value?
(-1 is strongly discouraged by Acidanthera team)
I forgot that APFS MinDate and MinVersion are not new attributes, hence the user's original values are kept. Okay, let's keep it the way it is (no change). I will add a Post Update Procedure to the mini-guide to inform users to make this change manually if they have Mojave or Catalina.

PS: v1.5.0 supports AMD Total Cores selection for amd-osx
Oh I didn't see that. Will upload the 0.7.2 EFI for B550 Vision D and ASRock X570 Taichi in just a moment! :)

I forgot that APFS MinDate and MinVersion are not new attributes, hence the user's original values are kept. Okay, let's keep it the way it is (no change). I will add a Post Update Procedure to the mini-guide to inform users to make this change manually if they have Mojave or Catalina.

Oh I didn't see that. Will upload the 0.7.2 EFI for B550 Vision D and ASRock X570 Taichi in just a moment! :)
HackinDROM will only force a value if the type is the same (String, Data..) but OpenCore's accepted values are not the same anymore.
As -1 is a correct value in 0.7.1 and still in 0.7.2 so it is no forced. A failsafe value is set when old value isn't accepted anymore

HackinDROM will only force a value if the type is the same (String, Data..) but OpenCore's accepted values are not the same anymore.
As -1 is a correct value in 0.7.1 and still in 0.7.2 so it is no forced. A failsafe value is set when old value isn't accepted anymore
I just uploaded OC 0.7.2 for B550 Vision D and ASRock X570 Taichi. HackinDROM detected the version number correctly (0.7.2), but it placed it at the end of the list:

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 4.53.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 4.54.57 PM.png

@Inqnuam,

Just tested the CPU Core Count feature. Works great!! This is such a good solution.

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 5.00.19 PM.png

I just uploaded OC 0.7.2 for B550 Vision D and ASRock X570 Taichi. HackinDROM detected the version number correctly (0.7.2), but it placed it at the end of the list:
Ouh!
Just patched it from server side
will be fixed in next release

** NOTE **
Please use HackinDROM 1.5.0 or newer!
APFS MinVersion and MinDate are supported also in all previous versions

Only AMD-OSX support is added in v1.5.0 + minor fixes

Are there plans for HackinDROM to support older motherboards, like the Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH, in the future; and if so, any idea when?

Back