Contribute
Register

HackinDROM App for OpenCore EFI Creation and Update

@LiveSorcerer,
I just uploaded it, but strangely HackinDROM displays 0.0.0 instead of 0.7.2...
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

Capture d’écran 2021-08-04 à 19.36.47.png

Edit: Solved by manually change 0.0.0 to 0.7.2 in HackinDROM (Thanks to @CaseySJ).

Last edited:
@LiveSorcerer,
I just uploaded it, but strangely HackinDROM displays 0.0.0 instead of 0.7.2...
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

View attachment 526198
@pit512,

Thank you for continuing to support the Z390M Gaming. There was a problem with HackinDROM 1.4.7/1.4.8 that appears to be fixed with 1.4.9.

We can delete the 0.0.0 version and re-upload it. As soon as you select your 0.7.2 folder for re-upload, please check if HackinDROM shows 0.7.2 near the top of the admin window. If it still shows 0.0.0, you can manually change it to 0.7.2.

Hi there!

I have a few questions..

When I update OC with the app, my config.plist is being deleted. Is this normal?
Is it possible to not delete it?

After the update I also lose the GUI menu.
Is it possible to add a category so that we can update the Resources folder also?

Thank you, keep it up! :thumbup:

When I update OC with the app, my config.plist is being deleted. Is this normal?
Is it possible to not delete it?
If there is no config.plist, OpenCore will not start. Do you mean instead that your config.plist is being replaced by a downloaded version?

A backup of your existing EFI folder is made first.

After the update I also lose the GUI menu.
Do you mean that OpenCore Picker GUI does not appear? Could it be that the person who created this configuration set the GUI timeout to -1?

Is it possible to add a category so that we can update the Resources folder also?
@Inqnuam: How does the app deal with changes/updates to the Resources folder?

If there is no config.plist, OpenCore will not start. Do you mean instead that your config.plist is being replaced by a downloaded version?

A backup of your existing EFI folder is made first.

Do you mean that OpenCore Picker GUI does not appear? Could it be that the person who created this configuration set the GUI timeout to -1?

Before the update the is a config.plist file in the OC folder. After the update there is no config.plist file = no boot!

Yes a backup is made first. I set it to a cloud service now so I can access it if I can't boot..

The same happens with the gui also, at least for me.
Before the update the selected GoldenGate gui appears, after the update it is gone.
I believe that this is due to the resources folder not updating, because when I updated the folder manually it worked.

Unfortunately the only way of checking OC boatloader's version from EFI folder is comparing its edited date with GitHubs's released one.
In your case at 11/07/2021 there's no Release for OC:
  • You are using a 0.7.2 Beta version
  • You have used a unarchiver which overwrited OC files dates
Yes used an unarchiver , replacing all files with date based as per github resolves the issue. :)

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 10.48.17 AM.png

Currently only Resources/Image is supported
Will add Audio, Font and Label in next version

First for each element of Admin's EFI/OC/Resources/Image is checked if it is available in Client's EFI
if Yes then it is replaced by Client's file
Then in second phase all Client's EFI/OC/Resources/Image files are imported into the new EFI if they doesn't exist in Admin's EFI/OC/Resources/Image
Result = No Image is lost and everybody is happy

Will do the same for the other folders

Before the update the is a config.plist file in the OC folder. After the update there is no config.plist file = no boot!

Yes a backup is made first. I set it to a cloud service now so I can access it if I can't boot..

The same happens with the gui also, at least for me.
Before the update the selected GoldenGate gui appears, after the update it is gone.
I believe that this is due to the resources folder not updating, because when I updated the folder manually it worked.
Hello, thanks for reporting,
I would like to reproduce your issue so please post a Report Archive of that EFI partition

Please note that v1.4.8 + are not super stable because I rewrote the app almost from scratch to make it easily maintainable then I can post it as Open Source
Patches will come to fix theses little issues (most of them are GUI issues and not functional issues, so don't worry about updating/installing)
Reporting bugs will help me to fix them more quickly

Back