Contribute
Register

HackinDROM App for OpenCore EFI Creation and Update

Used Hackindrom for the update 100%. It worked fine. Thank you. Unless I'm doing things wrong, I'm wondering why it's adding back kexts and amls I've deleted? Even if I have the blue switch off. I like a clean EFI folder and don't want items I'm not using floating about. It also returns the plist entries that I've deleted, but has them off. Not a big fan of that. If it's not impossible to program, I'll understand. Oh and the EFI partition was not returned to EFI- it's EFI-WES-706. Again, not a big deal.
Hello,
I just made a little video for you:

As you can see if we switch off blue and green buttons then the file will not be in our EFI Partition
(in the video I deleted it for you so you can see that we dont have that file in the partition and we dont have it after the update too)

If you unmount your EFI Partition through the app then EFI-WES-706 will be renamed to EFI like before

When you restart your hackintosh without unmounting the EFI Partition, macOS unmount it for automatically so the name stays EFI-WES-706 because it is not unmounted by HackinDROM

Last edited:
It also returns the plist entries that I've deleted,
This is a decision we took with @CaseySJ
Maybe it will be good if we add a right click option to remove it during the update ?
Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 00.48.32.png

This is a decision we took with @CaseySJ
Maybe it will be good if we add a right click option to remove it during the update ?
View attachment 521544
Thanks so much. Never thought of unmounting the EFI from the app. I was pretty sure I had clicked both the green and blue switches and the files still appeared, but who knows? Thanks for the video. Yes, it would be nice to have the option to not have the config items returned. Great job.

What is involved in adding a motherboard to this app? I would be interested in adding the Z390 Aurous Xtreme. Thanks

What is involved in adding a motherboard to this app? I would be interested in adding the Z390 Aurous Xtreme. Thanks
Please see
** Calling all Owners of Good Quality Hackintosh Builds **
We would like to add your OpenCore EFI folders to the HackinDROM database!

As of May 5, 2021 HackinDROM App supports the following motherboards:
  • ASRock X570 Taichi​
  • Asus X99 Deluxe II​
  • Gigabyte B550 Vision D​
  • Gigabyte Z390 Designare​
  • Gigabyte Z490 Vision D​
  • Gigabyte Z490 Vision G​
  • HP Elitebook 850 G7​
View attachment 517683

Are you the owner of a Golden Build in TonyMacx86? If so, you are prequalified to add your EFI folder to the database.
  • Please request Admin login and password by sending Private Message to @Inqnuam
Are you the owner of a User Build in TonyMacx86? If so, please post a link to your build thread so we can qualify you.
  • Once qualified, please request Admin login and password by sending Private Message to @Inqnuam
If you don't have a Golden Build or User Build, but would like to add your build, we would like to help you too! Please reply to this thread with a simple description:
  • Make / Model of motherboard​
  • CPU​
  • OpenCore Version​
Also provide a list of what may not work fully. For example:
  • Does sleep/wake work?
  • Does EFI support OpenIntelWireless drivers? (It's okay if this is not supported.)
  • Does restart/shutdown work?
  • Does FaceTime and Messages work?
  • Does WiFi and Bluetooth work (Broadcom-based)? (It's okay if no WiFi/BT card is installed.)
  • If Thunderbolt exists, does EFI support Thunderbolt hot plug?

Illustrated guide for submitting builds to the HackinDROM database:

Please see
Hi -- this seems like a great tool. The details of my build are:
  • Asrock z270M Extreme4
  • Intel i5-7600K
  • OpenCore 0.7.0 (with Big Sur 11.4)
Functions:
  • Sleep/wake works
  • WiFi not used - Ethernet from RT-68U router (had used Dell Wi-Fi but Bluetooth stopped working)
  • Restart/shutdown works
  • Has Thunderbolt, but not implemented)
  • The only functions not working are Handoff & Continuity because my current Bluetooth adapter (Laird BT851) doesn't support them. I have a PCIe BCM94360 adapter on order.

Hi -- this seems like a great tool. The details of my build are:
  • Asrock z270M Extreme4
  • Intel i5-7600K
  • OpenCore 0.7.0 (with Big Sur 11.4)
Functions:
  • Sleep/wake works
  • WiFi not used - Ethernet from RT-68U router (had used Dell Wi-Fi but Bluetooth stopped working)
  • Restart/shutdown works
  • Has Thunderbolt, but not implemented)
  • The only functions not working are Handoff & Continuity because my current Bluetooth adapter (Laird BT851) doesn't support them. I have a PCIe BCM94360 adapter on order.
@Inqnuam,

Please add an admin account for @WedgeTail.

Many thanks! If it's OK, I'll wait till my BCM94360 wi-fi-BT adapter arrives. Maybe a couple of weeks.
Yes no problem. It should be plug-and-play.

Back