Contribute
Register

HackinDROM App for OpenCore EFI Creation and Update

in v1.4.7

• Fixed an issue introduced in previous version which partially hided "Create EFI"'s window
    • Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 15.22.30.png
  • Graphical changes to show more text from boot-arguments description
    • Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 14.49.56.png
  • Also added more boot-arguments flags
  • Plist Editor "+" (Add) Button was missing from sections where theres "Select files" button
    • Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 15.31.13.png

Thanks to @tedyun for adding Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X to the app

Gigabyte motherboard list:
Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 15.35.45.png

here is the link to my user build, feel free to add the board

• Make / Model of motherboard - Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
  • CPU - i7-8700K
  • OpenCore Version - 0.7.0
  • dGPU - AMD RX 5700XT
  • Does sleep/wake work? - Yes
  • Does EFI support OpenIntelWireless drivers? - no wireless available
  • Does restart/shutdown work? - Yes
  • Does FaceTime and Messages work? - Yes
  • Does WiFi and Bluetooth work (Broadcom-based)? no wifi onboard, Bluetooth via USB Stick is working
  • If Thunderbolt exists, does EFI support Thunderbolt hot plug? - No Thunderbolt
Hello Sir @CaseySJ,
Could you please check the build?

Also any news about yesterdays TB adventures?

Hello Sir @CaseySJ,
Could you please check the build?
Sure, will check soon. Currently waiting for my latte at a craft coffee shop downtown. :)

Also any news about yesterdays TB adventures?
Hopefully soon. Elias has to adjust the BIOS file so it can be flashed with Q-Flash instead of external SPI ROM programmer.

To everyone that updated their builds in HackinDROM App to OpenCore 0.7.0: Thank you!!

Used Hackindrom for the update 100%. It worked fine. Thank you. Unless I'm doing things wrong, I'm wondering why it's adding back kexts and amls I've deleted? Even if I have the blue switch off. I like a clean EFI folder and don't want items I'm not using floating about. It also returns the plist entries that I've deleted, but has them off. Not a big fan of that. If it's not impossible to program, I'll understand. Oh and the EFI partition was not returned to EFI- it's EFI-WES-706. Again, not a big deal.

Back