Contribute
Register

HackinDROM App for OpenCore EFI Creation and Update

@Inqnuam Nice work! I tried the new version (2.0.4) and everything works now, no more crashes. Thanks!

@Inqnuam
I have a Z390 Designare and have encountered the same issue as poster on previous page. The app reports Beta? and says Up to Date. The current Opencore version is 0.6.8 as detected.
I understand this error is due to the number of generations back 0.6.8 is, but could you help with how I should proceed to get the app working to update me to latest OC?
I have a complete bootable clone made yesterday on an external M.2 so I have a fall back if I screw anything up!
Cheers

@Inqnuam
I have a Z390 Designare and have encountered the same issue as poster on previous page. The app reports Beta? and says Up to Date. The current Opencore version is 0.6.8 as detected.
I understand this error is due to the number of generations back 0.6.8 is, but could you help with how I should proceed to get the app working to update me to latest OC?
I have a complete bootable clone made yesterday on an external M.2 so I have a fall back if I screw anything up!
Cheers
Hello, thanks for reporting
This issue is related to GitHub
Ill update the app to fix the issue

@Inqnuam
Wow thanks for swift reply! Appreciate your effort in producing and updating this app.

@shamster
Nothing to thank me for mate - all I did was post a noob level question! @Inqnuam is the one doing the sterling work not me.

Hi @Inqnuam @CaseySJ - my install of HackindROM 2.0.4 claims I'm on an "Internal OC Beta?" and as such isn't offering me the chance to update OC. (macOS. 11.5.1 - hardware as per signature)

I'm not on a beta version and and never have been - I'm currently on OC 0.7.1 (as HackindROM also notes in its info screen). Is there a way I can resolve this please so I can get to OC 0.7.4?

Thanks

Attachments

• hackindrom.png
    hackindrom.png
    583 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Hi @Inqnuam @CaseySJ - my install of HackindROM 2.0.4 claims I'm on an "Internal OC Beta?" and as such isn't offering me the chance to update OC.

I'm not on a beta version and and never have been - I'm currently on OC 0.7.1 (as HackindROM also notes in its info screen). Is there a way I can resolve this please so I can get to OC 0.7.4?

Thanks
Same here.

I tried replacing my 0.7.1 OpenCore.efi with a fresh 0.7.1 (release) from the OpenCore Github (to make sure I hadn't somehow got hold of the debug release - pretty sure I hadn't as HackindROM did the previous upgrade) but it made no difference.

Tried resetting HackindROM to defaults - same issue.

Also tried a fresh download of HackindROM from the official website - always the same - claims I'm on a beta release so doesn't offer me an OC update option.

Last edited:
Guys have you read my post just above about this issue ?
Will publish a fix today

EDIT: HackinDROM v2.0.5 is available!

Last edited:
Back