Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
So the problem is related only for fresh installation because during the update the App keeps users previous settings right?

What they need to is to do not delete these "unnecessary" Kext -> Patch entires but only disable them then the app will keep them disabled for the new config.plist

PS: In this case you have to put all replacing bytes entries in one config.plist and Comment them by something like "Core x ...", So there will be 9 entries (3 per core per OS version) :confused:

Another solution is HackinDROM can detect current system's total core number and modify the bytes as necessary
-> I'm not sur this is a good solution

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So the problem is related only for fresh installation because during the update the App keeps users previous settings right?
Yes that makes sense.

What they need to is to do not delete these "unnecessary" Kext -> Patch entires but only disable them then the app will keep them disabled for the new config.plist

PS: In this case you have to put all replacing bytes entries in one config.plist and Comment them by something like "Core x ...", So there will be 9 entries (3 per core per OS version) :confused:
That's a great suggestion because an app like HackinDROM can always enable/disable the correct patches for the user. My reason for creating 4 separate config files was to eliminate any user error because the user might make the following mistakes:
  • User might use wrong version of OpenCore Configurator
  • User might not set OpenCore Configuator Settings to the right version of OpenCore
  • User might accidentally enable/disable the wrong patches
But the HackinDROM App can do all of this every time without making any mistakes, so putting 9 patches into a single file is a great idea for the App.

Another solution is HackinDROM can detect current system's total core number and modify the bytes as necessary
-> I'm not sur this is a good solution
I think it is best to put the user in control. HackinDROM can display the number of physical cores by querying the macOS system and letting the user see that number. And it can make it the default. But HackinDROM should also let user change the value before clicking "go".

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I think it is best to put the user in control. HackinDROM can display the number of physical cores by querying the macOS system and letting the user see that number. And it can make it the default. But HackinDROM should also let user change the value before clicking "go".
Lets see what we can do:
at Create EFI when user select a build HackinDROM checks if there's AMD-OSX kext in admin's config.plist.
If yes then a selector is presented with options 6, 8, 12, 16, 32 (more ??). Default value is detected and selected from macOS.
Then during EFI creation HEX value will replace Kernel>Patch all entries where Replace field is equal to "B8CC00000000 / BACC00000000 / BACC00000090" (or a working value like 08 for 8 Cores -> this will be the default value that we will put in Admin's Guide for Ryzen builds)

In this way we will have only 3 entries in config.plist (for Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey) and anybody else will benefit from it too

And during Update OC the App will do the magic that user's configuration is kept in the new EFI

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Lets see what we can do:
at Create EFI when user select a build HackinDROM checks if there's AMD-OSX kext in admin's config.plist.
If yes then a selector is presented with options 6, 8, 12, 16, 32 (more ??). Default value is detected and selected from macOS.
Then during EFI creation HEX value will replace Kernel>Patch all entries where Replace field is equal to "B8CC00000000 / BACC00000000 / BACC00000090" (or a working value like 08 for 8 Cores -> this will be the default value that we will put in Admin's Guide for Ryzen builds)

In this way we will have only 3 entries in config.plist (for Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey) and anybody else will benefit from it too

And during Update OC the App will do the magic that user's configuration is kept in the new EFI
That sounds good to me.
  • We should support 6, 8, 12, 16, and 32 cores. The hex values, of course, are 06, 08, 0C, 10, 20.
  • I can put CC as default value for core count.
Note, however, that those kernel patches are in Base64 in the config.plist.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I can put CC as default value for core count.
This is exactly what for I put CC :clap:

Note, however, that those kernel patches are in Base64 in the config.plist.
HackinDROM Data fields are both HEX and Base64 so we dont care about the conversion anymore :twisted:
Screenshot 2021-08-06 at 00.16.39.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
@CaseySJ
Where I can download AMD-OSX kext ?
or it is only about Kext-> Patches entries ?