Contribute
Register

HackinDROM App for OpenCore EFI Creation and Update

Yes used an unarchiver , replacing all files with date based as per github resolves the issue. :)

View attachment 526240
During the development I lost 2 weeks before I found that some unarchivers overwrites theses dates ...
I hope Acidenthara will add another way to check OC versions directly from files

During the development I lost 2 weeks before I found that some unarchivers overwrites theses dates ...
I hope Acidenthara will add another way to check OC versions directly from files
I have found out (only today lol) that BetterZip was the only one I could find that was decent that did not overwrite the file dates.
Some of them had the option to keep the archive date but over wrote it anyway.

I have found out (only today lol) that BetterZip was the only one I could find that was decent that did not overwrite the file dates.
Some of them had the option to keep the archive date but over wrote it anyway.
What about macOS built-in Archive Utility ? :)

What about macOS built-in Archive Utility ? :)
Hmmm tried that but changed it to todays date.
Not to worried BetterZip also has a **** load more options to go with it as well.

Hmmm tried that but changed it to todays date.
Not to worried BetterZip also has a **** load more options to go with it as well.
That is weird because most of us we are using macOS built-in unarchiver and until today it worked as HackinDROM App excepts

That is weird because most of us we are using macOS built-in unarchiver and until today it worked as HackinDROM App excepts
@Inqnuam,

First of all, thank you for developing and supporting HackinDROM App. Many of us rely on it to simplify the monthly OpenCore updates.

Can you please explain the issue with "unarchivers" and why OpenCore 0.7.2 presented a problem with regard to displaying the version number in HackinDROM App? Did the acidanthera team use an incorrect date?

Possible Enhancement Request:
  • The latest AMD-OSX patches for Ryzen systems are no longer universal.
  • If a user has a 6-core CPU, they need to enter 06 in the 3 places shown below.
  • For 8-core CPU, the value needs to be 08
  • For 12-core CPU, the value needs to be 0C
  • For 16-core CPU, the value needs to be 10
Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 10.26.27 AM.png

• Currently I am providing 4 config files, one for each CPU. The user has to select the correct file and rename it to config.plist, then copy their PlatformInfo credentials into it.
    Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 4.31.50 PM.png
Because of this, we cannot use HackinDROM App for AMD Ryzen systems -- unless we do something like this:
  1. HackinDROM App could ask user to specify number of CPU cores in their system
  2. HackinDROM App could then modify the first 3 patches or HackinDROM App can simply select the correct config file (e.g. select config-8-core.plist for 8-core CPU) and rename it to config.plist, then transfer PlatformInfo into it

Can you please explain the issue with "unarchivers" and why OpenCore 0.7.2 presented a problem with regard to displaying the version number in HackinDROM App? Did the acidanthera team use an incorrect date?
  • The issue was related to GitHub:
GitHub has an API limit (60 request by hour for a guest user).​
If HackinDROM App uses that API we will reach that limit very quickly, because of different repositories (OC, kexts ..) for version checking, download links etc.​
Currently HackinDROM App bypass the API by finding all info from multiple raw html.​
GitHub changed their html schema which caused the issue we knew with OC 0.7.2.​
Now I'm working to use both API (when request isn't reached -- difficult when we use VPN and other users from the same IP already used our limit) and html to find infos we need.​
A plist like in the screenshot below will be stored into HackinDROM temporary folder and will be updated using the API at every launch and every hour. If request rate limit is reached then the old method will be used to find release versions etc.​
Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 20.32.43.png
  • Unarchiver dates issue:
There's different methods to zip and unzip archives, and some utilities removes metadata to save space during the compression/ uncompression of filles.​
Some utilities only remove theses metadata from directories and not from files (or everything but modification date)​
I found a way to extract OC release version from bootlaoder .efi (which is used for nvram variable and to OpenCanopy) but for the moment it is not a viable solution​

Possible Enhancement Request:
  • The latest AMD-OSX patches for Ryzen systems are no longer universal.
  • If a user has a 6-core CPU, they need to enter 06 in the 3 places shown below.
  • For 8-core CPU, the value needs to be 08
  • For 12-core CPU, the value needs to be 0C
  • For 16-core CPU, the value needs to be 10
  • Currently I am providing 4 config files, one for each CPU. The user has to select the correct file and rename it to config.plist, then copy their PlatformInfo credentials into it.
Because of this, we cannot use HackinDROM App for AMD Ryzen systems -- unless we do something like this:
  1. HackinDROM App could ask user to specify number of CPU cores in their system
  2. HackinDROM App could then modify the first 3 patches or HackinDROM App can simply select the correct config file (e.g. select config-8-core.plist for 8-core CPU) and rename it to config.plist, then transfer PlatformInfo into it
The only difference between theses 4 plists is theses replacing bytes ?

Back