Contribute
Register

HackinDROM App for OpenCore EFI Creation and Update

Well I got the it to boot with your EFI @CaseySJ. Still having shutdown problems. WiFi seems to only work with Itlwm.kext and heliport. Idk? Tried without little snitch and with updated little snitch as @Inqnuam pointed out that it could be that.

I’m going to install a new system on another ssd and see how that goes. I have a major headache from the second Covid shot so I’ll attack it maybe next weekend.

Thank you for the help. I’ll post Back at some point. ;)

I’m going to install a new system on another ssd and see how that goes.
Good idea. Let us know how it goes.

I have a major headache from the second Covid shot so I’ll attack it maybe next weekend.
Take it easy... Hopefully you'll be back to normal in a day or so. Got the second dose last Friday, but surprisingly no side effects after either dose (Pfizer).

Is this just for thunderbolt boards? I'm running a rock solid OC 0.6.9 on a Gigabyte A520M-DS3H.

Is this just for thunderbolt boards? I'm running a rock solid OC 0.6.9 on a Gigabyte A520M-DS3H.
Sounds good. Simply send private message to @Inqnuam to obtain a login/password.

If there are any details that the end user should know, please include them in the Release Notes section.

And thank you for offering your setup.

Last edited:
@Ben42: Thank You !
Great job, got OC installed and running now on my Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Pro now.

Just had to remap my USB ports after the UpDate to 11.3.1

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
I9-9900KF
OpenCore 0.6.9
RX 580 Nitro 8GB
sleep/wake = working
restart/shutdown= working
Broadcom WiFi = working
FaceTime/ iMessage = working

not working:
AppleTV
Amazon Prime & Netflix only SD Playback in FireFox !

... I think these are not working because my I9-9900KF has no onChip-Grapchic !?!

or any other solution to get AppleTV etc. working ?

Last edited:
  • Gigabyte A520M-DS3H
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
  • OpenCore 0.6.9
  • GPU AMD RX 5600 XT
  • Does sleep/wake work? Yes
  • Does EFI support OpenIntelWireless drivers? No
  • Does restart/shutdown work? Yes
  • Does FaceTime and Messages work? Don't use, never tested
  • Does WiFi and Bluetooth work (Broadcom-based)? Yes, Fenvi HB1200
  • If Thunderbolt exists, does EFI support Thunderbolt hot plug? No thunderbolt.

Good idea. Let us know how it goes.
So this all started with updating opencore in hopes I could get intel bluetooth and wifi working. Then I could not Restart without pressing the Reset button which had happened occasionlly in Mojave, but occasionally turned into always with Catalina.

I woke up today and had some coffee and after reading all the crap about 10.15 and prelinked files and how much apple f**ked with the boot process and system... (for the greater good :crazy:, whatever... it's a pain in the ass, just like quickbooks is a pain in the ass!!!:banghead:) blah blah blah... I decided I'd try one more thing, now that I have a decent EFI with help from @CaseySJ and have tended to the LittleSnitch issue brought to my attention from @Inqnuam. I'm ready to give this os one last chance before completely putting it to rest and starting over.

I'm sure this is probably documented somewhere...

1. I eliminated and disabled OpenCanopy. (I like the little list, I don't care about the graphics at boot, Just boot.)
  2. Then set the -v boot flag. The few seconds I have to look at the stupid apple logo and the progress bar when Verbose mode changes to loading the login screen is long enough, nevermind watching it when all the other boot processes are happening. ;)
  3. And Finally I made sure in my config PollAppleHotKeys=YES.
I held down ⌘-R at the Gigabyte logo and hoped it'd boot into recovery mode, as I was unsure if recovery mode would even work on this hackintosh, and I watched it boot (assuming the extensive hackintosh knowledge you have I think you probably know where I'm going from here...)​
It booted, and it was a different boot. Not what I was used to seeing on a "normal" boot.​
At the end of all the verbose stuff it flashed a gray screen (something new) and then my favorite apple logo and progress bar :rolleyes: and then it opened to a Recovery Screen much like the installer. :thumbup:
I launched the Terminal, typed
Code:
touch -c 'Volumes/[boot drive name]/System/Library/Extensions'
Waited a little bit and then Restarted.​
Logged into my default user, let it complete it's usual log in crap. Then pressed Control+Eject, then R.​
It actually logged out the user successfully, displayed the unmount and other verbose stuff that I used to see, and Restarted! :clap:

So I have my fingers crossed that I may not have to reinstalled this system after all as I was not looking forward to a complete rebuild of this machine.

Back