Contribute
Register

HackinDROM App for OpenCore EFI Creation and Update

Just wanted to say thank you @CaseySJ for the work put into the app. I got ballsy and did a direct update from 10.14.6 to 10.15.7 on the Z390 Designare build... Used the HackinDROM app to update my existing Opencore 0.6.8 to 0.6.9 and got the intel bluetooth and wifi to work now, which was not working at all before. :clap:

Had a panic first boot, but a quick google search and I figured out there are dupes of a few things that needed deleting in the ACPI folder and a few of the wifi kexts and then it was smooth sailing. Also had to download heliport to configure wifi. Saw the wifi interface shows up as Ethernet2 in Network section but I remember reading somewhere about that.

Thanks again... :thumbup:

Just wanted to say thank you @CaseySJ for the work put into the app. I got ballsy and did a direct update from 10.14.6 to 10.15.7 on the Z390 Designare build... Used the HackinDROM app to update my existing Opencore 0.6.8 to 0.6.9 and got the intel bluetooth and wifi to work now, which was not working at all before. :clap:

Had a panic first boot, but a quick google search and I figured out there are dupes of a few things that needed deleting in the ACPI folder and a few of the wifi kexts and then it was smooth sailing. Also had to download heliport to configure wifi. Saw the wifi interface shows up as Ethernet2 in Network section but I remember reading somewhere about that.

Thanks again... :thumbup:
Glad to hear it! Credit for the app goes solely to @Inqnuam.

I figured out there are dupes of a few things that needed deleting in the ACPI folder and a few of the wifi kexts and then it was smooth sailing
Have you reviewed ACPI and Kexts apps sections before clicking to "Update OpenCore" ?

Have you reviewed ACPI and Kexts apps sections before clicking to "Update OpenCore" ?
I looked through it but I must've missed a few things, I was rushing... not a good idea. It was the the Airportitlwm's and the NO-CNVW, which I didn't need. I don't remember seeing all the Airportitlwm's but like I said... I was rushing...

I also overlooked the two UIAC...V7 and V7D... Quick google search lead me in the direction that the V7D should be enabled for intel wifi&bt and the others disabled, or deleted. The output before the panic lead me in the direction it was something with the SSDT files, that's when I noticed duplicates, or should I say variations of the same SSDTs.

Small bump in the road compared to my first experiences with hackintoshes... wow, has it been a decade! :eek:

It seems I got my credits incorrect... Thanks @Inqnuam for the app :thumbup:... and thank you @CaseySJ for the Z390 guides! :clap:

Actually, I do have one question... not sure if anyone has had this problem.

I am having a problem with restarting... when I go to restart it closes everything, leaves me with a gray screen and the cursor, I believe the screen is just my desktop and just hangs. If I press command-option-esc I get the force quit window but there are no apps running.

If I try I don't attempt the restart and just logout out the user it takes me to the login screen, it's hit or miss trying to restart from there... from the login screen it just takes me to a black screen and hangs.

I've updated all the needed kexts... only saying that because the boot drive is a NVMe so the NVMe fix is a definite must, plus it's a 970evo, but this problem has just recently surfaced, I had no problems on High Sierra and Mojave. ???

I haven't tried messing with other users to see if maybe it's something in the user folder acting up... hmmm.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Actually, I do have one question... not sure if anyone has had this problem.

I am having a problem with restarting... when I go to restart it closes everything, leaves me with a gray screen and the cursor, I believe the screen is just my desktop and just hangs. If I press command-option-esc I get the force quit window but there are no apps running.

If I try I don't attempt the restart and just logout out the user it takes me to the login screen, it's hit or miss trying to restart from there... from the login screen it just takes me to a black screen and hangs.

I've updated all the needed kexts... only saying that because the boot drive is a NVMe so the NVMe fix is a definite must, plus it's a 970evo, but this problem has just recently surfaced, I had no problems on High Sierra and Mojave. ???

I haven't tried messing with other users to see if maybe it's something in the user folder acting up... hmmm.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
Couple of questions:
  • Did this happen with OC 0.6.8?
  • Did you notice this option in HackinDROM App?
Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 2.27.12 PM.png

If you select Gigabyte Z390 Designare OpenIntelWireless it will configure everything for Intel WiFi and Intel Bluetooth.

Back