Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 I Aorus Ultra
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 580
Greetings. Ever since I installed my custom SSDT for USBinjectall.kext, sleep has been working flawlessly. Recently, however, I've come downstairs to find my computer wide awake. When I tried to put it to sleep manually, it would go to sleep and then immediately wake. I tried closing applications one at time to see if it was application-related, and at one point it seemed as though Safari was the culprit. But when I came back again with all apps closed, it still woke up immediately after being put to sleep manually. Using black.dragon74's data collection tool, I've assembled the problem reporting files attached. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, because I've been having to shut the machine down daily because of the lack of steady sleep behavior.

BTW, this is System 1, the Gigabyte system.

Attachments

• debug_6583.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
Found the correct terminal command to determine wake reason:

GLAN XDCI XHC

Don't know if that helps diagnose.

Greetings. Ever since I installed my custom SSDT for USBinjectall.kext, sleep has been working flawlessly. Recently, however, I've come downstairs to find my computer wide awake. When I tried to put it to sleep manually, it would go to sleep and then immediately wake. I tried closing applications one at time to see if it was application-related, and at one point it seemed as though Safari was the culprit. But when I came back again with all apps closed, it still woke up immediately after being put to sleep manually. Using black.dragon74's data collection tool, I've assembled the problem reporting files attached. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, because I've been having to shut the machine down daily because of the lack of steady sleep behavior.

BTW, this is System 1, the Gigabyte system.

Probably your BT controller is waking it, or some other device you have plugged into USB.
Eliminate devices or ports (uia_exclude) until you determine which one is the problem.
You might want to look into USB related BIOS settings as well... (and settings related to "wake on LAN")

Note also that you didn't implement USB power properties (another important USB task):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra-and-later.222266/

Probably your BT controller is waking it, or some other device you have plugged into USB.
Eliminate devices or ports (uia_exclude) until you determine which one is the problem.
You might want to look into USB related BIOS settings as well... (and settings related to "wake on LAN")

Note also that you didn't implement USB power properties (another important USB task):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra-and-later.222266/

Thank you, RehabMan. I'll look into all of those. "Wake on Lan" is definitely unchecked in Settings, but I'll take another look at BIOS. I haven't hooked anything new up, so unless a device has gone bad... well, the only way to find out is to start unplugging! I have noticed that it often prompts me to connect my Bluetooth keyboard, so... maybe it is the BT controller...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back