Graphics
GeForce GT 520 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just migrated from a hack running Yosemite to an iMac running Yosemite using "migration assistant". I used a time machine backup of the hackintosh as the source.

Here is my issue: I get no audio or microphone on the iMac. I check System Preferences / Sound and I have no "output" devices to choose from or input devices.

I updated my hackintosh to Yosemite in early January and recall that I had the "no audio" and then the "no audio" on wakeup issue. Unfortunately I can't find my documentation on the setup but I think I found some solution here on tonymac that required me to eliminate or disable the Apple audio devices in some plist file.

What I don't understand with this issue is that when using migration assistant I did not bring over the setup files or what ever they are called (this is the last of the three bundles of files that MA offers to bring over. The other s are Apps & documents). Further,after I noticed this problem I did a complete hard drive erase & reinstall of Yosemite on the iMac. Initially the audio was fine and the microphone appeared. However, when I booted up the next morning I had the same problem as before.

I would really appreciate any help that can be provided on this.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back