Motherboard
Asus Z370-p II
CPU
i5 9400F
Graphics
Radeon RX570
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
the machine had been running well with Clover, and now am trying OpenCore on the machine, it shows panic in attached screen capture.

Clover files were all removed from EFI folder, and the machine boots from a USB OC boot loader.

Can anyone help to find out problem?

Thanks.

My setup:
Asus Prime Z370-p II
I5 9400F
16GB DDR4 Ram
RX570 4G
Intel 256GB SSD

MacOS: Mojave
Boot: OpenCore 0.58

Attachments

• oc-panic.jpeg
    oc-panic.jpeg
    453.9 KB · Views: 363
  • Config.plist
    19.1 KB · Views: 112
FakeSMC.png

Remove FakeSMC.kext, OpenCore uses VirtualSMC.kext.

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext defeats power management.

View attachment 468431

Remove FakeSMC.kext, OpenCore uses VirtualSMC.kext.

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext defeats power management.
I'm confused too, since there are no such drivers in EFI/OC/drivers. The OS is not a fresh installation, it was boot loaded by Clover. I just delete all Clover files in EFI and leave EFI folder empty (use USB OC boot loader). Do I need to remove any other files of Clover somewhere?

BTW, the verbose may too long to display the more panic detail, it seems the screenshot only shows the end of the panic. How can I output a full boot log?

That's because they are kexts not drivers.
I checked Kexts folder, they don't exist too. There are 8 kexts in the folder: Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext, VirtualSMC.kext, AppleALC.kext, AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext, SMCProcessor.kext, SMCSuperIO.kext, USBPower.kext (not set in config.plist).

I checked Kexts folder, they don't exist too. There are 8 kexts in the folder: Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext, VirtualSMC.kext, AppleALC.kext, AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext, SMCProcessor.kext, SMCSuperIO.kext, USBPower.kext (not set in config.plist).
Then either they are cached or they are in /Library/Extensions.

Then either they are cached or they are in /Library/Extensions.
Yes, they do exist in /L/E. I deleted 3 files:
FakeSMC.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
NoVpaJpeg.kext

but no luck, the panic refuse to disappear. Since 3 files removed, the screen shows more 3 lines on the top (I believe it's more detail about the panic outside the screen). I tried to set , in config.plist, debug -> target=65 to create a log file on EFI, it outputted a text file full of "0"
0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000

And I tried to open this file with Console.app, it showed empty.:banghead:

The system disk had been made a post installation by MultiBeast, more files may be conflicted and need to be removed?

panic2.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, they do exist in /L/E. I deleted 3 files:
FakeSMC.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
NoVpaJpeg.kext

but no luck, the panic refuse to disappear. Since 3 files removed, the screen shows more 3 lines on the top (I believe it's more detail about the panic outside the screen). I tried to set , in config.plist, debug -> target=65 to create a log file on EFI, it outputted a text file full of "0"

And I tried to open this file with Console.app, it showed empty.:banghead:

The system disk had been made a post installation by MultiBeast, more files may be conflicted and need to be removed?

View attachment 468535

Hi there.

If you have removed Clover's EFI folder contents and now can't boot OpenCore, boot your PC using your Clover UniBeast installer drive. Once at the desktop, remove the kexts - FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and NoVpaJpeg.kext, then rebuild your kext caches with Terminal command: sudo kextcache -i /

Once done UPDATE your Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext to the latest and place them in EFI/OC etc. If they were in L/E remove and rebuild kext caches as before. The ones you have in place are too old.

I do not understand why you need "Legacy_USB3.kext or AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext but at least they are not enabled.

Finally I'm only guessing, but are you using System-Definition MacPro5,1 ? If so, don't. Use a later iMac one, say 14,2.

:)

Hi there.

If you have removed Clover's EFI folder contents and now can't boot OpenCore, boot your PC using your Clover UniBeast installer drive. Once at the desktop, remove the kexts - FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and NoVpaJpeg.kext, then rebuild your kext caches with Terminal command: sudo kextcache -i /

Once done UPDATE your Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext to the latest and place them in EFI/OC etc. If they were in L/E remove and rebuild kext caches as before. The ones you have in place are too old.

I do not understand why you need "Legacy_USB3.kext or AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext but at least they are not enabled.

Finally I'm only guessing, but are you using System-Definition MacPro5,1 ? If so, don't. Use a later iMac one, say 14,2.

:)
Hi,

System definition is MacPro1,1.

In my first try on OpenCore, I got the following "old_panic1". After my 4,5,6..tries, I got "old_panic2", and now I got the above panic. the following panics may be pushed to the top screen outside.

I will take another try and follow your suggestion, Thx

old_panic1
old_panic1.jpeg

old_panic2
old_panic2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back