Contribute
Register

Hack Desk

@craighazan you called it! Borderline hoarding. View attachment 513248Sorry, my small bedroom used as a workspace has 3 desk, a file cabinet full of parts, and old dresser, and a couple of stand up shelves, and 20+ hack projects (yes, more than 20 hackintosh projects). My primary desk where I do my planning, thinking, and purchasing, currently has a 2009 iMac with a Xeon e3-1245 and 40TB of external storage, and an in-progress cube.
View attachment 513249
My secondary desk has a couple NUC's, my Mac Pro Jr., an iMac G5 project and spare parts.
View attachment 513250
The 3rd desk is like that chair in the corner of the bedroom that collects clothes, or in this case more spare parts and projects (clairol 40 whitener, iMac flat panel parts and mini-FP/NUC, etc). Beside my primary desk is a pile of projects like 2 cubes and a PC tower hack that will go into a G5 tower.
View attachment 513251
I also work on solar collectors and use my 3D printer and CNC router to build telescopes. I don't need a clean workspace to get things done.
Now that’s what I’m talking about!.

@phunguss this to me is the perfect work space, it’s the reality of hackintoshing. Thank you for showing me, and the rest of the world what a real desk looks like!.

It’s hurting my eyes!. The monitor on top the book does offer some relief though!. I bet @phunguss and @BillyGoatGruff, or BGG as he has become affectionately known, have untidy desks, SHOW ME YOUR DESKS!.
Desk.jpg

The dolphin is a beautiful touch, thank you BGG!, nice and untidy.
What dolphin ? Don't see it.

I like that BGG is using all rechargeable AA batteries. But his calendar is over 1 month behind.

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 10.16.11 AM.png

What dolphin ? Don't see it.

I like that BGG is using all rechargeable AA batteries. But his calendar is over 1 month behind.

View attachment 513289

My mistake!, right side mouse, silver and white, looks like a dolphin!.

Here's mine.

IMG_1967.jpg

You've got good eyes to be able to see that miniscule menu bar in Big Sur.

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 11.13.41 AM.png

My mistake!, right side mouse, silver and white, looks like a dolphin!.

Absolutely. It does! It was only when you said it and I looked at the un-zoomed photo that I could see what you meant. A dolphin's head sticking up out of the water. :thumbup:

Back