Contribute
Register

Hack Pro in a G5 case... another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and as a quick and dirty way to mount a PSU it works, and you still have the heat of the PSU being blown out of the case. I hope to make that case very cool soon...

ptmays said:
Yeah, and as a quick and dirty way to mount a PSU it works, and you still have the heat of the PSU being blown out of the case. I hope to make that case very cool soon...

In other pictures, you show the PSU mounted elsewhere. Do you have 2 cases?

Yeah, I have a G5 case that is done (that is the one I want to rebuild) and I am building a Mac Pro case at the moment.

In the midst of taing apart my case to sand it down, and i want to know, How do i get the top shelf off that links to the unlock side panel switch?

If I recall correctly you need to disassemble and remove the whole locking mechanism first. The screws that hold it in also go through that shelf.

Got the screws out but i still dont know how to remove the mechanism. through the bottom of the self there are screws but they are reversed so theres nothing for me to unscrew.

Samchavles said:
Got the screws out but i still dont know how to remove the mechanism. through the bottom of the self there are screws but they are reversed so theres nothing for me to unscrew.
You have to remove the cover locking latches/teeth by taking out a flat black spring plate with a notch in it. Once that's removed the latches slide out. Then you take the pin out of the lever and the plastic piece comes off. Careful for the retainer and the plastic washers. Also don't forget to close the dvd locking levers.

Alright thanks! Only problem now is seperating all those pats! The things holding them in are these weird little rounded pieces of metal with a hole but nothing to screw out. So im not sure how to get that off...
Do i need to rotary those off?

Samchavles said:
Alright thanks! Only problem now is seperating all those pats! The things holding them in are these weird little rounded pieces of metal with a hole but nothing to screw out. So im not sure how to get that off...
Do i need to rotary those off?
Those ARE the screws/nuts in question. The 'hole' is a torx bit, mine says cr-vt8 size. Once you get those off, you should be smooth sailing.

WISH ID OF KNOWN THAT. i thought they were blobs of metal to keep people from opening so i took a nail and tapped a hammer in and poked all the metal out and it fell out... So now i cant unscrew.. Bummer guess ill just have to use the G5 Case in its original silver ):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back