Contribute
Register

Hack Pro in a G5 case... another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow that is a gorgeous build! Im also in the process of modding a G5 case that i picked up from ebay. I will be using that same mountain mods mobo tray. What i want to do is pain the inside black, but not the outside. I have no experience in painting what so ever. What do you guys recommend. I figured I could just spray paint it black, but I dunno how it will look. I wish It could look as sexy as yours but I dont know how you painted yours :(

Im also concerned about the air flow and heat inside the case. I will be using this parts:

G5 Case
Mountain Mods MoBo tray with 120mm fan
Asus P8P67 Deluxe or P8Z68 Deluxe
i5 2500k
850 watt PSU
Corsair H50 water cooling
8gb 1600 ram
BD-R LG drive
DUAL MSI R6870 Twin Frozr II Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 (!!)

2 1tb 72k drives
2 2tb 72k drives

I dont really know how i will be fitting all those components in this MID-size atx size case.
Also I wont be doing the PSU mod cause first of all it seems way to complicated and cause I will be needing all space as possible.

Like I said Im painting all the insides black.
Including the optical drive, mobo tray, hard drive racks, floors, roof.

Something im also wondering how to do is, painting the inside front walls. They have holes so i dont want the paint to go thru the front or rear.

any help appreciated!

P0w

Beautiful job! I've been carrying an empty G5 case around for some time now. I have cnc machine, so should be able to make some of the required parts to fit motherboard to the back. As I don't have easy access to powder coating, I've just been treating the aluminum with light sanding and white vinegar as prep for exterior paint bombs. I have a few audio cases I've made this way and they seem to hold up fairly well.

Anyway, thank you for the inspiration!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back