Contribute
Register

Hack Pro build using a new Mac Pro case

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can fix that :)
I was just curous was all. I still have two others besides the mod I just did lol. I have same damage on mine bit a little more. I will pull mine all apart and brake the case down even to JB weld all of those little screw studs back in. Hopefully I can get it straight enough to look good. If you scroll down to the bottom of this page (G5) you will see mine.

Kmm

You have to drill it out one one size bigger to make it fit.

Re: Hack Pro build using a new Mac Pro case/ SAS- 4xSATA adapter

I am contemplating a similar MacPro Hackintosh. I found this interesting SAS to 4x SATA adapter. It isn't cheap @ ~$60, but it would allow keeping the original MacPro SAS harness unmolested... Looks like I could take the SATA connectors straight into my Gigabyte Mobo...

http://www.maxupgrades.com/istore/index ... entCat=333

kmm said:
ptmays,

Thanks for your answer about usb header. I'm now made the front panel board power switch working and will move forward to sata --> usb header cable. It's a little bit hard to peel the insulate of SATA cable off.

Thanks a lot, ptmays for all your works, eelhead for providing front panel board diagram. I'll post my hack photos later.

Did you manage the front panel audio port working?. How?.
Still waiting for a work around on front audio detection. Or at least I am lol

mooner

Thanks for the link, I will be ordering soon that is what I have been looking for

hello, how did you wired the fans

I didn't reuse the apple fans, I just used off the shelf 120mm case fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back