Contribute
Register

Hack Aesthetic: Post your photogenic build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z270E
CPU
i7 7700K
Graphics
Asus Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone!

I just finished doing some cosmetic upgrades on my build. It still needs a bit of improvement, but I'm really happy with the results!
IMG_0345.jpg
Due to the limited selection of compatible parts, making a great looking Hackintosh is an accomplishment; so this thread will be dedicated to posting pictures of rigs and setups you're proud of! Include specs if you want, but it isn't a contest. ;)

Pretty sweet setup there. I am surprised that nobody else has posted on this.

Anyway my hack is a very unique build. I call it my "all in one vintage Apple console TV". Use is as a theater PC, some gaming, I also use it for work (I design software from my living room). For gaming I love emulators, I use OpenEMU for everything from Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, and Nintendo 64 (the wood box to the right, a USB hub with adapters connected to all of the original controllers, because I'm a purist). I also like to do some music composition, so I connect a midi controller via USB using Reaper.

Basically this is an old console tv that I modified and converted to high definition. In the right speaker grill is a small IR sensor that is connected to the computer for remote control. The remote controls iTunes, or if I am running Kodi it acts as a media remote. The computer itself is built into the cabinet, so basically this is an "all in one". Specs are 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7 overlocked processor, 32 gb 1600 MHz DDR3 ram, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970 4095 MB Overclocked video card, (2) 480 GB SSD hard drives, (1) 2 TB standard hard drive. Since I am a vintage geek, I use two of the older Apple keyboards. One is the Apple Keyboard II, connected via a USB adapter that allows you to connect the old Apple Desktop Bus keyboards. When I am working I swap that keyboard for the Apple Extended Keyboard II (basically the apple version of your standard full size 101 key PC keyboard), the extended is a popular keyboard among programmers. For a mouse I use the magic mouse 2, most amazing mouse I have ever used.

On top is a Lafayette LR-221 Quadraphonic home stereo, Dual SM-1257 turntable with 6 record auto drop spindle, a Panasonic Omnivision VCR, all interconnected. This setup is also wired to my kitchen where I have an old school console stereo, so for parties I can have the same music playing in the kitchen as well as the living room. Needless to say my friends say this is the strangest setup they have ever seen.

IMG_1919.jpg

Customac 2014 build.

I5-4460
8 GB RAM *2
120gb SSD
1 TB HDD
3 TB HDD

Triple boot 8.1 Windows/Ubuntu/MacOsSierra

HP 25es IPS Monitor
Apple wireless keybaord
Apple Magic Mouse
Satechi speakers
Waiting for my Logitech C90 to come in.
Might get a Super drive bit unsure as I have not had the need for it yet.

Everything works in the system and I'm super happy with it.

Attachments

• IMG_9558.JPG
    IMG_9558.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 200
Mine was a Custom Mod, dual-boot system, running Windows 10 for WOW gaming, and Mac Sierra for Graphics, Photo Editing and Video Production - I really like the old Power Mac G4 tower. Space-wise, I don't get to keep out to see as often which sad because the dual LED fans I installed glow from behind the Apple logo!

1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg

The insides.
IMG_6562.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_6999.JPG

IMG_6538.JPG

IMG_6415-2.JPG

The picture of the innards doesn't show much... The heatsink and fans really take up pretty much every bit of room available.

Last edited:
Mine was a Custom Mod, dual-boot system, running Windows 10 for WOW gaming, and Mac Sierra for Graphics, Photo Editing and Video Production - I really like the old Power Mac G4 tower. Space-wise, I don't get to keep out to see as often which sad because the dual LED fans I installed glow from behind the Apple logo!

View attachment 216261 View attachment 216262 View attachment 216263
The insides.
View attachment 216264
Why are you using Windows for WoW? I checked Wikipedia, and it says WoW is available on Windows and OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back