4. LC
  5. Performa
  6. Power Mac
  7. Quadra
  8. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all
I have installed Yosemite on my H77N-WIFI with i5-3570K, GeForce GT 640, 16GB vengence ram, SSD etc
All pretty good - sound working, Apple store, etc.
My main problems are no USB3 and no shutdown. After selecting shutdown, the mac OS seems to shutdown, but box & fans don't switch off!!
I have updated gigabyte firmware to F4 - no difference.
Can anybody suggest correct BIOS settings for me and correct Multi-Beast options (or save of yours if same system) Tried so many options!!
Thanks
Paul

I have the same board, had no problems with shutdown even on mavericks, nor do I have any on Yosemite (I updated from mavericks, no clean install). This board is generally really "vanilla", I recommend keeping it at F2 and getting the DSDT here from the database, I also RECOMMEND installing Clover if you're not using it yet, it's great, it's not that hard to do and will save you a lot of stress. As for the USB3 I used this kext:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gkrd9hochqcmrs2/GenericUSBXHCI.kext.zip?dl=0

Because they didn't work for me either and this fixed it, I don't remember where I got it, I uploaded it directly from my download backup :) Usually when your hack doesn't completely turn off it's related to the power management, is it running ok? I think having clover + that dsdt might fix it.

Hi violetzie,

Thanks for sharing the usb3 driver. I have an H77N-WiFi MB and GTX650 (same as you). I just finished installing the system using clover. But the ethernet seems not working... can you share me your ethernet drivers ? or maybe all the kexts under clover/kext/10.10 ?:D

Thanks in advance !

Hi Violetzie

Thanks for you ideas & links. I have re-flashed my Bios back to F2.
That DSDT link seems to be exactly the same as using DSDT-free ? is that right ?
Can you remember what options you selected in the BIOS ?
I have just done F7 - optimised defaults & incased memory speed to 1600mhz.
Re-installed from Multibeast USB last night - but no good so far - gets stuck when restarting.
Haven't tried Clover yet - looks scary!!
Could you export your Multibeast or Clover settings??

Ran beautifully for a year on Mavericks....

Thanks, Paul

Sorry for responding late, I'm not always here! (in case add me on skype: botharii)..
Here is my config.plist from clover:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1rmx4pdcjjkre3/config.plist?dl=0

In BIOS I haven't changed almost anything .. I just had to set AHCI as usual with every hackintosh.. I have the integrated gpu off since I don't need it,... I'm on F2. VT-d = Disabled .. xHCI = Auto, EHCI = enabled... I'm actually running this from 10.8 up until now 10.10 without any problems.. Only recently I'm working on switching to iMac13,2 SMBIOS (I ran on MacPro3,1) so I'm playing with the SSDT.. I highly recommend clover, really, you don't have to be afraid, it might seem complicated but it's just light years ahead of the legacy bootloaders (chimera/chameleon) and with a system that is so recent as Yosemite it only makes sense to use it ;) (as well as an UEFI board..)

rovingbreeze:

Sorry man, can't help you with Ethernet, according to my system profile the ports work, but I use Wi-fi ;) have no way of testing and I didn't care about it. My kexts/10.10/ is empty ;)

Thanks Violetize
Bios all fine - thanks
Got up & running again with Multibeast (think my problem was some kexts from failed attempts were still in system) Did a full restore from my Carbon Copy Clone (money very well spent!!)
All fine except USB 3 and shut-down. System shuts down, but does not power-down the box...
Have a lot of work to catch up with, so will leave for now.
I have built a Clover USB & will give that a go soon when I have time to mess about (& restore system when it goes wrong!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back