Contribute
Register

H77n-wifi usb 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know about USB sticks, but my WD "My Passport" is merrily copying away on the rear USB3 port with no problems. If you have a front port on your case then it need to be a USB3 port, (1 and 2 have a different pinout), to work and need to be connected to the correct headers on the MB.

Don't know about USB sticks, but my WD "My Passport" is merrily copying away on the rear USB3 port with no problems. If you have a front port on your case then it need to be a USB3 port, (1 and 2 have a different pinout), to work and need to be connected to the correct headers on the MB.

I hava one (USB 3.0) front port (which is connected to the board via internal cable) and two on the back of the case, but the result is one and the same with all of them - when I plug a flash drive (no matter USB 2.0 or USB 3.0), nothing happens - nothing in Finder, nothing in CleanMyDrive etc. And this is happening only with flash drives, the USB 3.0 ports work with keyboards and mouses just like it should, even my USB SmartCard reader works with these ports without any problem.

Did you set up your BIOS properly?
Did you enable XHCI and EHCI hand-off?

Of course, when you do get USB3.0 working you'll still find that USB2.0 storage devices only work on those ports if connected via an external USB3.0 hub. This is a known issue with all Z77/H77 USB3 ports (some motherboards [not yours] have onboard hubs which hide the issue).

There is a way to fix it by multi-plexing the USB2 and USB3 ports together in your DSDT. I have this working on my ASUS Maximus V Gene and USB2 media devices now work fine from all my USB ports, USB3 ports included.

Did you set up your BIOS properly?
Did you enable XHCI and EHCI hand-off?

Of course.

Of course, when you do get USB3.0 working you'll still find that USB2.0 storage devices only work on those ports if connected via an external USB3.0 hub. This is a known issue with all Z77/H77 USB3 ports (some motherboards [not yours] have onboard hubs which hide the issue).

Alright then, can you recommend me any USB 3.0 hub, which should work? Or any cheap chinese hub should work?

There is a way to fix it by multi-plexing the USB2 and USB3 ports together in your DSDT. I have this working on my ASUS Maximus V Gene and USB2 media devices now work fine from all my USB ports, USB3 ports included.

Sounds good, but can you tell me how can be done this or at least provide a source for this information?

I read (and confirmed) from the customac thread that the USB 3.0 only works for USB 3.0 devices and keyboard/mouse. My 2.0 thumb drive didn't work but Seagate USB 3.0 HD works fine. Apparently this is a known issue. A USB 3.0 hub will let you let you use 2.0 on that port.

Well I can def tell you I fixed my and now all usb2 devices including usb2 HDDs and flash drives work in every port. Every mobo is different so I can't just say what I did and it would work for you because it won't, I have tried. So far I have it working for 2 boards.

Alright then, can you recommend me any USB 3.0 hub, which should work? Or any cheap chinese hub should work?
The ones I have were eBay specials, so you should be fine with pretty much anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back