Contribute
Register

H77N-WIFI - Audio Out possessed! Repeatedly switches from HDMI to Airplay causing receiver to switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte > Need full model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i3 > Need full model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
Intel > Need full model number > See Forum Rules!
My build has been working pretty much perfectly except for two things

1. The computer will not wake from sleep, which I can live with; and

2. The Audio out setting repeatedly connects (defaults?) from HDMI to Airplay which is a problem.

The build is used as a media center so is connected to an Airplay enabled receiver. This has been great in the past, but for some reason the computer repeatedly switches to Airplay which in turn causes the receiver to switch to the "NET/USB" input. This is an issue because whenever I use the receiver for another input (i.e. TV or PS3) the computer must be connecting to it via Airplay and causes the input to switch, thus not allowing me to use the other input. Eventually, after repeatedly switching back to the input I am trying to use, the computer seems to relent, but it is really annoying. I have searched the forums and haven't seen anyone else that has a similar problem... Most people are complaining that they cannot get Airplay to work and I would be OK with disabling it entirely on the build since it is directly connected to receiver and I have no need for it to connect to Airplay.

My best guess is that the HDMI disconnects and the computer is defaulting back to Airplay, which is the only other Audio out listed in the options after starting with clean DSDT and using PJALM's patch. I have no clue how to get this fixed though... Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

the computer must be connecting to it via Airplay and causes the input to switch!
Do you have a headphone plugged in to your build/media center? If yes, unplug it.
You give AirPlay too much credit. Sounds like a receiver problem.

Only HDMI is connected to the build as far as audio/video goes. I don't think it is necessarily Airplay that is causing it, but it seems like when the HDMI is unavailable to the build (i.e. receiver is on another input) it is switching or defaulting back to Airplay which is the only other Audio source listed. Is it possible to disable Airplay or am I really misreading this? You think the receiver is seeking to connect to Airplay and causing this to happen?

Thanks for your input I appreciate the help... So two follow up questions:

1. If the receiver is the issue because it is trying to connect to the computer is there any way to disable or remove airplay on the build?

and

2. Could this be related to, or is there any explanation as to why, after the computer has been on for a while (no consistent amount), and the receiver is off, when I connect to screen sharing there are no audio devices available under the sound preferences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back