Contribute
Register

H67MA-UD2H-B3 /HIS-Radeon-HD5770*???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dom1202

Here is a short outline of an install for Sandy Bridge....

-------------------------------------------------------------------
How to do a sandybridge cpu w compatible hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD) - get welcome screen
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board and run System Utilities.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Audio/Ethernet/DSDT

DSDT and BIOS firmware must match to the corresponding number.

This generally works...

Some tips - as GB has pointed out using 10.6.7 can be a benefit
also install MultiBeast in Sections and the RUN the MultiBeast SYSTEM UTILITIES separately before reboot.

3. 3.0.x is any of the 3.0 versions of MB for SL. Try the earliest one first, if that does not work, try the next one. MultiBeast is not the same version to version as Macman adds support for more in each version. Not sure which would be the best for you to use, but the latest versions all have support added for Haswell, which won't do you any good. Versions created while Sandy Bridge Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and Lion 10.7.0 were latest OS X are best to use for your board.
OK. Should I do something to 'erase' what has been installed, before to run another version of MB?

4. OK, this should get you everything but audio and networking going without iBoot.`
Yes I have networking

5. You might also run http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1512 after you run Update Helper before install the 10.6.8 update (combo)
OK I will see that

6. I would update to 10.6.7 before Update Helper if only because most were running 10.6.7 before the update combo came out for 10.6.8. The update is still available - why did you not use the link to the update in the post I linked? - http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1368Because : When I click on download, I get :" We're sorry. We can't find the article you're looking for". ??? And you?

7. Unless you can find one of the cards in the database -http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index..._Card_Database - that are listed as OOB for Snow Leoard for little to nothing, no sense in wasting $$ when you have a card supported in 10.6.8. At least, I hope it has the correct device ID. Do you have any idea what the device ID is for your card?
Yes , I got it when I had the 'bad' screen :

• Cartes vidéo / moniteurs :
ATI Radeon HD 5770 :

• Jeu de composants : ATI Radeon HD 5770
  • Type : Processeur graphique (GPU)
  • Bus : PCIe
  • Longueur de la voie PCIe : x16
  • VRAM (totale) : 1024 Mo
  • Fournisseur : ATI (0x1002)

Thanks for your help
    Dominique

Dominique.

I will attempt to answer your questions.
Question 3.
"OK. Should I do something to 'erase' what has been installed, before to run another version of MulitBeast?"
Many of the file names are the same, so NO you should not need to erase what was installed unless it totally does not work. MultiBeast does not have uninstall tools like Windows programs do. If you want to start fresh then you should delete the partition of the HDD and start over using Disk Utilities.
Then install with the other version of MultiBeast.
Question 4.
your sound may not work after you apply Apple Combo Updates. This is normal as Apple makes edits to the new files, and we need to roll back these files to older ones. This is why we run MultiBeast and select the Sound files for reinstall.
A word about MultiBeast, there is a section that deals with System Utilities in MultiBeast, this should be run (selected) by itself and run, this is so we reset the software file permissions of the files we installed before you reboot your computer. So we do this by itself when we are done with installing the files from MultiBeast before we reboot. Doing these steps is needed each time we install files from MultiBeast.
Question 6.
This hypertext link relates to Laptops, so not sure as to why this is needed, but the one thing that this deals with it the OSX support for Intel Sandy Bridge CPU's that Apple released first for their laptops.
As your hardware is for Desktops this software patch may not work, what I suggest is to use the Apple Combo 10.6.7 update http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1361
then install the update helper from our downloads section!
This may get you to the Apple App store. If the Apple App store still wants to have OSX 10.6.8 as the default version of OSX, then install the Apple Combo Update for 10.6.8 :
Also when you reboot after an update of files either from an Apple Update or from MultiBeast you should use the Boot switch " -f " which clears the kext cache upon startup so as to load new files / kexts.
Question 7.
Not sure about the video card situation, your original post listed an ATI HD5770 which will not work. And your User information shows a ATI HD4670, which is better; but this other card is not going to be plug and play. This is why you should look for an older nVidia card from the list.
Also you should list your manufacture of these video cards, as this is equally very important.

Dominique.
I will attempt to answer your questions. .....
First Thanks for your informations
I will make the following comments :

Question 3.
"Should I do something to 'erase' what has been installed, before to run another version of MulitBeast?"
Many of the file names are the same, so NO you should not need to erase what was installed unless it totally does not work. MultiBeast does not have uninstall tools like Windows programs do. If you want to start fresh then you should delete the partition of the HDD and start over using Disk Utilities.
Then install with the other version of MultiBeast.
OK

Question 4.
your sound may not work after you apply Apple Combo Updates. This is normal as Apple makes edits to the new files, and we need to roll back these files to older ones. This is why we run MultiBeast and select the Sound files for reinstall.
A word about MultiBeast, there is a section that deals with System Utilities in MultiBeast, this should be run (selected) by itself and run, this is so we reset the software file permissions of the files we installed before you reboot your computer. So we do this by itself when we are done with installing the files from MultiBeast before we reboot. Doing these steps is needed each time we install files from MultiBeast.
OK this is what I am doing

Question 6.
This hypertext link relates to Laptops, so not sure as to why this is needed, but the one thing that this deals with it the OSX support for Intel Sandy Bridge CPU's that Apple released first for their laptops.
As your hardware is for Desktops this software patch may not work, what I suggest is to use the Apple Combo 10.6.7 update http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1361
No! apparently (at least for me) Apple does not provide anymore this update. When clicked 'download' I 'get Sorry....'
then install the update helper from our downloads section!
This may get you to the Apple App store. If the Apple App store still wants to have OSX 10.6.8 as the default version of OSX, then install the Apple Combo Update for 10.6.8 :
I am obliged to go directly from may DVD-version 10.6 to 10.6.8

Also when you reboot after an update of files either from an Apple Update or from MultiBeast you should use the Boot switch " -f " which clears the kext cache upon startup so as to load new files / kexts.
This i was not doing. Ok I understand. Thanks

Question 7.
Not sure about the video card situation, your original post listed an ATI HD5770 which will not work. And your User information shows a ATI HD4670, which is better; but this other card is not going to be plug and play.
This ATI HD4670, is the graphic card from may iMac i am using to write to you. The graphic card of my Hack is as I wrote : HIS-Radeon-HD5770_ (ref supplier : AUD-HIS-H577FL1GD)

This is why you should look for an older nVidia card from the list.
Also you should list your manufacture of these video cards, as this is equally very important.
OK because after so many weeks (even months) I am a little bit discouraged, I am looking for other graphics card. But old one are difficult to find. :
Question what is important for a grahics card to work : a) device and constructor ID? b)driver? c) framebuffer?
I don't need a super graphic card. Just photo and video , no games.
I have build a 'old' hack but with different motherboard and different CPU, but with OSX snow leopard 10.6.8. The graphic card was

MSI N8400GS GeForce 8400 GS
In my new configuration, will this GC work? or other parameters would need to be modified?
Thanks
Dominique

Dom1202

Here is a short outline of an install for Sandy Bridge....

-------------------------------------------------------------------
How to do a sandybridge cpu w compatible hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD) - get welcome screen
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board and run System Utilities.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Audio/Ethernet/DSDT

DSDT and BIOS firmware must match to the corresponding number.

This generally works...

Some tips - as GB has pointed out using 10.6.7 can be a benefit
also install MultiBeast in Sections and the RUN the MultiBeast SYSTEM UTILITIES separately before reboot.

Thanks for this 'old' answer. This is what I am doing. Only the quesiton: do we have to reboot after 'run update helper'. Sometimes it is written yes sometimes No???
Dom.

1. OK

2. :thumbup:

3. 3.0.x is any of the 3.0 versions of MB for SL. Try the earliest one first, if that does not work, try the next one. MultiBeast is not the same version to version as Macman adds support for more in each version. Not sure which would be the best for you to use, but the latest versions all have support added for Haswell, which won't do you any good. Versions created while Sandy Bridge Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and Lion 10.7.0 were latest OS X are best to use for your board.

Hello Going Bald,
I think I made some mistake trying to answer to you. It turns then out that totenkopf answered some of them. I am a stupid newbie... So I hope this will going to you, and I will add some more comments/question?:
3.0.xis any of the 3.0 versions of MB for SL. Try the earliest one first,if that does not work, try the next one. MultiBeast is not the sameversion to version as Macman adds support for more in each version.Not sure which would be the best for you to use, but the latestversions all have support added for Haswell, which won't do you anygood. Versions created while Sandy Bridge Snow Leopard 10.6.8 andLion 10.7.0 were latest OS X are best to use for your board.
Ok i will try the different versions of MB.

4.OK, this should get you everything but audio and networking goingwithout iBoot.`
YesI have networking

5.You might also run http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1512afteryou run Update Helper before install the 10.6.8 update (combo)
OKI will see that

6.I would update to 10.6.7 before Update Helper if only because mostwere running 10.6.7 before the update combo came out for 10.6.8. Theupdate is still available - why did you not use the link to theupdate in the post I linked?- http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1368
Still available ??? This update is for MAcBookPro. Anyway it looks like all the update to OSX 10.6.7 (for example http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1368 : Mac OSX v10.6.7 Update Combo
does not exist anymore. Because: When I click on the button download, I get :" We'resorry. We can't find the article you're looking for". ??? Andyou, can you get an update ofr 10.6.7 , which link still working?

Reading againmore carefully, I realized that there are 2 updates. In factI don't have the one for for MacBook Pro Early 2011 which has supportfor sandy bridge and for some Radeon HD 5xxx and6xxx cards. I think Ishould have used this one. But again I cannot get it on the apple storeanymore !!!. So I guess I have to go directlyform 10.6 to 10.6.8(with the steps you menionned). Correct ?

7.Should I change some hardware like graphics card?
The problemis that for snow Leopard, almost all hardware suggestions are almostimpossible to find. Anyway have you some working hardware ideas I could stillfind for snow leopard 10.6.8?. I don't need super graphics card, just for phot and video and possibly 2 monitors.
Thanksfor your patience !!!
Hope this time it goes ti you Going Bald.
Dominique

dom1203

Your MSI video card should work... without any issues.

Also as to the Boot or not Boot Question

when you install Update Helper you reboot with iBOOT .... use the -f switch.

THen install 10.6.8 - http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1399 use the -f switch

As to the issues w the download of 10.6.7...

This is the link I would use if I had your hardware ...
http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1361

Try this if needed and see if you can download that.

dom1203

Your MSI video card should work... without any issues.
H67MA-UD2H-B3/HIS-Radeon-HD5770*???/ Sapphire-radeon-hd-5450-1go!
To Totenkopf4 et Going Bald
FIRST : THANKS ! Yesthanks to both of you.
With all your advices andencouragement it is now almost working !
I finally bought another graphiccard : sapphire-radeon-hd-5450-1go for 22€ and it is working.
I don't know if it is because Ihad a bad card, or because I started completely from the beginning.May be that with all the trials I did since several months I had allmy files all messed up...

Anyway, here the steps in short :

1)BIOSset up starting with 'LoadOptimized Defaults', and standard parameters.

2)Boot with CD iboot 3.3.0_Snow-leopard
InstallSnow Leopard from DVD OSX 10.6 (short)
Setup account
Copyon desktop : boot1h + h7maud23.f8 + CCC + ComboUpdate10.6.8 + multibeast 3.10.1_Snow Leopard + Update Helper +++
RunUpdateHelper (necessary forSandy bridge 1155)

3)reboot with iBoot,use -f switch
OpenMB ondesktop withoutrunning it
InstallOSX 10.6.8 combo update , withoutrestart

4)RunMB for dsdt (h7maud23.f8)
Run System Utilities

5)Reboot with iBoot and run MB with NullCPUPowerManagement, then SU

6)Ethernet:
RunMB with AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext,

7)Graphics : !
Stillonly 1024x768,BUT
Dragfrom S/L/E ATI5000controller.kext on desktop. Change the first partof string to 0x68f91002. Re-insert in S/L/E (with authentification)
Samething for ATIReadeonx3000.kext.
Rebootwith -f
AndNOWI have resolution on two screens :1920x1080 with DVI/DVI and 1280x1024 VGA (becauseoflow resolution screen).

8)Audio :
MBwith ALC8xxHDA then AppleHDA Rollback !
Nosound.
Forcedto use iMic (griffin) adaptater USB , to have sound.

Istill have questions, and wait for your nice answers or comments :

1)The HDMI output of the graphics card does not work. May be it isbecause I have to do a better change to the kext (framebuffer?????? Iknow nothing about that) . In fact I don't know really how to playwith these kext (remove, modify, …). What can I do ?

2)Sound : what should I do to make it work without using iMic ?

3)Obliged to use NullCPUPowerManagement, otherwise I have problems withCPU. Should I stay like this ? What should I do more ?

4)the Apple Store is not working : "Yourdevice or computer could not be verified. Contact support forassistance." . Solution ?

ButI am really pleased , almost perfect , no ?
Thanks
Dominique

Dominique

Well good you are making progress with your hack.

Not sure if you are using the DSDT file for this motherboard. As we have several for it in the DOWNLOADS section under GIGABYTE and your model of the motherboard - match the BIOS version you have.

THis should help w the install of MultiBeast...

As to sound... once you apply Apple Updates like the Combo update you will need to use MultiBeast and reinstall the basic Sound kexts and AppleHDA kexts to your HDD.

Here is a question did you get sound from your onboard sound when you first installed OSX and watched the OSX intro...

1)The HDMI output of the graphics card does not work. May be it is because I have to do a better change to the kext (frame buffer?????? I know nothing about that) . In fact I don't know really how to play with these kext (remove, modify, …). What can I do ?

The HDMI aspects are part of the DSDT file for using additional ports... Have you looked into the GRAPHICS Forum for some assistance and also you can post a new tread in that location for some help, we tend to focus on Installs.....getting it working and you appear to have it working...

As to frame buffer these terms are used to designate a type of parameter that the video has for OSX to use it and they are inserted into certain kext files which mean they need to be edited.

2)Sound : what should I do to make it work without using iMic ?
Do the roll back and then do the disk utilities to reset permissions and then boot w the -f switch.

3)Obliged to use NullCPUPowerManagement, otherwise I have problems with CPU. Should I stay like this ? What should I do more ?
Again I ask did you use a DSDT file and select the DSDT install option in MultiBeast for Snow Leopard.

4)the Apple Store is not working : "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance." . Solution ?

You may need to edit a file ...

"Just add the following addendum to your com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>"

Check to see if this is included in that file.

There are lots of hits if you look at Google w this search string.....
"cannot loginto apple store hackintosh snow leopard"
including some videos

Dominique

Not sure if you are using the DSDT file for this motherboard. As we have several for it in the DOWNLOADS section under GIGABYTE and your model of the motherboard - match the BIOS version you have.
Hello,
Back again !
I was readingmore and more what you said, and from your questions I was more andmore thinking that you could not believe I run the right dsdt. Ithought to it for a long time and …. you were right.
In fact I wasconfusing the BIOS update to F8 (h7maud23.f8) which I did, with theDSDT update from tonymacx (DSDT-GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3-F8.aml).
SORRY !!!!SORRY !!!...
So i startedfrom scratch (again! again!), renaming dsdt to DSDT.aml on desktop. Running MB after the comboupdate without rebooting.
BUT now thecomboupdate to 10.6.8 is not working anymore !....
I mean, I havewith -v different errors like : « refusing new kextcom.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily. V2.6.5 : a loaded copy with adifferent executable UUID is already present »
I am tired...
Trying tobother you some more :
1) any ideawhy the comboupdate does not work at all anymore ?
2) the run ofmultibeast with dsdt should be done before or after the comboupdate ? (I did alone after)
3) is itbetter to run multibeast with several options together like withethernet+audio+dsdt (and of course SU after)?
Thanks againand again.
Dominique

Some more news for Totenkopf :
HelloTotenkopf,
Noanswer from you, you should be on vacations. Well if so, have a goodtime.
Iwant (I have to) to add some informations.
FirstI manage to boot adding PCIRootUID =0
Aftermodifications of graphics kexts (as I told already) , it was OK toboot withoutPCIRootUID =0
I think I have QE/CI graphicsacceleration(I had it also before) because :

• Front Row opens normally
  • Adding a widget in Dashboard causes a ripple effect
  • menu bar -- the desktop background picture is 'showing through' ( the Finder menu-bar is transparent)
  • also magification is on the OS X dock,
HoweverI found that 'Lecteur DVD.app' is notworking.
AlsoAppleStoreis working , alsoethernet.Soundis OK with TerratecUSB.
Soit is now not bad. Thanks to you.
Iwonder what I am going to discover what is NOT working. Howto be 'certain' that we have a good 'mac' without discoveringseveral months later that something important is not working ??Thereisno check-listfor that ?
However, some questions remains which are not clear to me :

1. the run of multibeast with dsdt should be done before or after the combo-update to 10.6.8 (starting with the DVD 10.6) ?
  2. is it better to run multibeast with several options together like with ethernet/audio and dsdt etc... ?
  3. What dsdt.aml is for ? I suppose now the installation is correct (it is in Extra)? I don't really see so many differences. But since it is not for ethernet, nor sound etc..., so what it is for?.
  4. The graphics card is not fully OK. It is not seen as HD 5450 only ATI Radeon 5000 and the HDMI port is not working. I suppose I should work a little more (which means several months....)
OKfor now, I wanted to inform you, so that you do not workonanswers whichare not necessary anymore.
Dominique

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back