Contribute
Register

H61N-USB3 upgrading from i3 to i5

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you're saying all I need to do is install the new CPU and turn on the computer and it should boot up and run fine, as it does now, with me not needing to make any changes in the BIOS?
I cannot see where I said that.

@clarkdv - I don't think anyone would say everything was that certain and easy :crazy:

A Hackintosh is 90% suck it and see. For a lot of us, that is what we enjoy. :thumbup:

However there is a really good chance, if you are using Clover Configurator to modify your config.plist with the "PluginType" ticked in the SSDT pane of the Acpi section, that everything will go smoothly.

If your motherboard came with a BIOS that was upgradable for newer generation CPUs, it probably doesn't need tweaking apart from setting it up correctly to start with (which I guess you've already done). Oh, and check the temperatures. A "K" series CPU doesn't usually come with a heatsink and fan, so you might want to invest in something better than the i3's.

As for macOS, my guess is all should be fine if there are no other changes, but that's your call.

:)

Last edited:
I cannot see where I said that.
I said "should", I wasn't trying to trick you into some sort of verbal contract. How hard would it have been to say "Yes, it should work with just swapping the cpu, but sometimes things aren't that simple."

@clarkdv - I don't think anyone would say everything was that certain and easy :crazy:

A Hackintosh is 90% suck it and see. For a lot of us, that is what we enjoy. :thumbup:

However there is a really good chance, if you are using Clover Configurator to modify your config.plist with the "PluginType" ticked in the SSDT pane of the Acpi section, that everything will go smoothly.

If your motherboard came with a BIOS that was upgradable for newer generation CPUs, it probably doesn't need tweaking apart from setting it up correctly to start with (which I guess you've already done). Oh, and check the temperatures. A "K" series CPU doesn't usually come with a heatsink and fan, so you might want to invest in something better than the i3's.

As for macOS, my guess is all should be fine if there are no other changes, but that's your call.

:)
Thanks. I do use CC on this one (I have two Hackintoshes) and I never did anything in the SSDT pane on the cpu upgrade candidate. I'll fire it up in a bit and see if it's ticked. If it isn't ticked, should I, or should I just do the cpu swap first, hit Power, and see what happens before I change anything? I can always boot via the USB installer and tick that in the config.plist later if needed.

OK, I checked the cpu upgrade candidate and here is a screenshot of the DSDT PluginType. Mine currently has nothing there with blank, 0, and 1 being the options. I checked my other Hackintosh, which is already running the same cpu (but newer mobo) that I plan to install into this one, and it had nothing there either, just blank.

So what do you think, leave it as it is now?

xOhUwqG.jpg

So what do you think, leave it as it is now?
Wrong one - Look to the far right - Bottom of the column.

Then go to the Kernel and Kext Patches section and select KernelXCPM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back