Contribute
Register

H61N-USB3 boots to prohibitory symbol after 10.8 install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it all has to do with the USB 3.0 and mountain lion. I have disabled the USB 3.0 controllers in BIOS and am performing the install again. I will update soon.

Ok I am really needing some help here. I am thinking this issue is because I have a windows partition. I found another article on here. http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-customac-mini-2011-guide-notes-progress.html
-So. I added in Mountain Lion Boot.plist "Default Partition" and removed "GraphicsEnabler".
Erased and Installed and I still restart to spinning rainbow after apple logo.
Safe boot is ok.
Safe booted and used multibeast to install user DSDT file for my motherboard. Rebooted same issue spinning wheel or worse that little prohibitory symbolat the apple logo
-Used Chameleon wizard to update the boot file for the USB drive using the built in option.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/257464-chameleon-wizard-utility-for-chameleon/
This changes the Boot0hfs file for a computer with one hard disk and windows and mac partitions.
_now it wont boot to the USB.

Im lost here. I didnt want to erase my windows partition but I may have to. Can someone with some experience please give me some advise here? Thanks.

UPDATE:
Ok so I decided that ot may be something with Mountain Lion and lets go back to Lion because I know that worked. I even wiped the entire drive so I got rid of the windows partition. Rule it all out. I made a new unibeast with Lion, erased my drive once more. Followed all the steps. Rebooted to usb into my new lion install. and I got past the apple logo, but it hung on the second screen with the apple logo and a cursor. None of the flags worked, safe boot gets me to the prohibitory symbol above the apple. Now Im stuck with Lion and not able to boot. Is this something in my BIOS settings that is causing this.? Or how can I tell?

Final update for now. Ok so the last thing I did was put my Graphics card back in. My ATI 6xxx
Rebooted to USB and choose mac lion. Booted right to the apple setup screen. No problem. SOmething with my internal built in graphics.
Anyway Im going to just stick with Lion for now. Until someone can help me with the Mountain Lion. And why I cannot get past the apple logo. Thanks.

I sure could use some help I am getting so close.
Here is what I did so far.
Made a new unibeast with Mountain Lion
-Pulled out my ATI graphics card
Booted to USB and erased the hard drive
Installed ML
-Shut down computer and inserted graphics card.
-Booted to usb and selected ML
-setup screen came right up.
-Went through setup then downloaded multi beast
-ran multibeast with my motherboard DSD file-restarted
-Now it wont get past the apple logo
-only way I can get booted up is to boot to USB select ML then use flag GraphicsEnabler=No

So Im supposing I need to do something related to my graphics now. Any help would be appreciated. Nobody has responded to my entire thread. Please do if you know. Thanks

It could be due to windows. Try putting it on another hard drive. I have had problems with windows on a GPT not MBR formatted disk. Since mac os x needs GPT i'm going to assume windows is on GPT as well.

I honestly don't know what that symbol means. Just keep trying new things! Good luck!

It could be due to windows. Try putting it on another hard drive. I have had problems with windows on a GPT not MBR formatted disk. Since mac os x needs GPT i'm going to assume windows is on GPT as well.

I honestly don't know what that symbol means. Just keep trying new things! Good luck!

I'm trying new things for sure. I formatted the entire drive already Mac only same issue. I think its my boot plist. Ive been using chameleon wizard to change it. Still it boots up to this little prohibitory symbol above the apple logo. If I safe boot once then reboot I can get to the loving window no problems.

Excellent! Good luck to you! Post here or PM me if you have any questions! I'm happy to help with anything! Done plenty of these now and have plenty of troubleshooting tips. Keep in mind I forget to check this forum a lot of times though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back