Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Processor 3.19 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 2000 64 MB of Shared System Memory
Software OS X 10.8.2 (12C54)

So I have the Graphics card that needs the
Special Instructions for AMD 6xxx Graphics Cards:
There is an issue with AMD 6xxx cards in Mountain Lion. We recommend using an alternate graphics card or onboard Intel HD 3000/4000 graphics for the entire process. After you're fully installed, you can switch back to your 6xxx card.

So I removed my graphics card and am using the built in.

Previously I used this method to install 10.7
I used unibeast to make a bootable USB drive with 10.8
Booted and followed all the instructions. After restarting and booting to USb them my Mac Hard drive I get the prohibitory symbol above my apple logo. No startup screen. I tried PCIRootUID=0 and GraphicsEnabler=No and cannot boot. -x for a safe boot works and I can boot. So I booted and ran multibeast with my DSDT file for F2 with h61n-usb motherboard.

Restarted and same thing. I can only boot into safe boot. So then I erased my Mac partition with disk utility and did the entire process again thinking there were some files from the old install causing the issue. same thing only prohibitory symbol. Im stuck here.

Any help or steps to take next?

Currently I am doing the following:
Booted to Safe boot
-Download Snow Leopard install dog from app store
-rebuild unibeast on USB key

Now I am going to boot to USB unibeast and launch disk utility, erase Mac partition and install 10.8 fresh install
-after update I will continue with post install instructions.

Anyone have any ideas as to why I am having the prohibitory symbol.

Now when I have finished the installation and I restart I boot to the USB, and choose my mac partition I get past the apple logo, but where the login screen should be I only get the cursor for a second then the spinning rainbow wheel.

Now I am stuck here with a spinning rainbow wheel. Safe boot will let me get to the setup screen. So its the same thing again.

So I'm not sure if you explained your issue very well. What is this "prohibitory symbol"? Explain it, maybe post a picture.

Also you are leaving your graphics card out and using onboard graphics for the install, and you are leaving out the card and just using the onboard graphics on your first boot as well?

So is this your issue: You install, then it won't boot up, you just get the apple screen and it never boots unless you go into safe mode?

Thats my issue yes. The prohibitory symbol. It is a small white square above the apple logo. it has a circle with a slash running through it.
I took the graphics card out and I keep it our the entire time. I was going to put it back in after it was all done.

I erase and install and when I restart I can't get past the apple logo without doing a safe boot. Indeed that is correct. Thanks.

This little icon above the apple logo. spinning gear at the bottom.

Attachments

• prohibitorysign.gif
    prohibitorysign.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 745
I'm really sorry but I don't have ANY idea what is going on. Did you boot into safe mode then run multibeast and install all of your kexts?

Why don't you try booting with -x then open multibeast and install the graphics driver. Then shut down the computer, put in your graphics card and try booting. Your hardware is older... I'm pretty new to this scene so I'm not sure exactly whats going on. I've never seen that symbol before. Try unplugging EVERYTHING except for:

1 boot disk (no other hard drives plugged in)
1 keyboard
1 mouse
1 screen

UNPLUG all external drives, external card readers, firewire, other usb devices, internal hard drives, dvd drive, etc. Try booting normally like that, also try reinstalling like that. Make sure to format the hard drive in disk utility after booting using unibeast.

Just try different things until it works, thats how the hackintosh world works. Trial and error!

I'm really sorry but I don't have ANY idea what is going on. Did you boot into safe mode then run multibeast and install all of your kexts?

Why don't you try booting with -x then open multibeast and install the graphics driver. Then shut down the computer, put in your graphics card and try booting. Your hardware is older... I'm pretty new to this scene so I'm not sure exactly whats going on. I've never seen that symbol before. Try unplugging EVERYTHING except for:

Just try different things until it works, thats how the hackintosh world works. Trial and error!

Yeah thanks for the insight. I tried unplugging everything already. -x will perform a safe boot. The DSDT file should take care of all those kext files. I haven't put the graphics card in at all. so my built in should at least work.I booted to safe boot then ran Multibeast.

In Multibeast which option should I select for the graphics driver.

Intel HD Graphics 2000:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 2000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0102
Revision ID: 0x0009
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

Flashed bios to F8
-Erased and installed, same issue spinning rainbow after apple logo
-safe booted and unibeast to DSDT file for F8
-rebooted same issue
-rebooted to Hard drive no USB, got the prohibitory symbol at the apple logo.

I also have a windows partition. Do you think this can be causing this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back