Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just remembered I had an old H61M based machine lying around which has an nVidia GT640 graphics card (memory tells me it worked natively - so I hope that memory is correct).

I am looking for some memory jogging - this Chipset needed an SSDT if I remember correctly and also there was a DSDT available - just checked and there is one for my Bios version F8.

I am going to have to install Mojave in Legacy mode as this is a non-efi board. I see there are pre-configured Clover builds available for download so will use one of these.

Is there anything else I am forgetting either with regards this hardware or Legacy install of Clover (which I have never done)?

OK - it looks as if I am missing something - the Installer will not boot. I followed the instructions at
How to Create a macOS Mojave Public Beta Installation USB
and created the installer, downloaded latest Clover Legacy from download area and installed to the newly created USB installer, added Fakesmc.kext and RealtekRTL8111.kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/other and transferred the USB Installer to the H61 machine which has a mechanical HD formatted HFS+ and GUID. I use F12 on boot to choose the USB Installer as the boot drive and then nothing happens - I sit staring at "Loading Operating System..."

It occurred to me that it might be the USB stick or the port in use (all USB2.0) so swapped ports and also tried with 3 different USB sticks (all SanDisk).

The installer just will not get me to the boot loader - anyone have any thoughts - what am I missing?

OK - going to try High Sierra first - as this machine has never had a clover build on it I will do that first as there are tools available. Then I can see if an update to Mojave works.

I did install on an old H61 board and had a problem, the only info I can find though in my notes that fixed it is

GraphicsEnabler=No
IGPEnabler=Yes
PCIRootUID=1 removed

No idea how useful this will be to you though if at all as it was a few years ago now and I believe that board was a MSI H61MA-E35 B3 rather than a Gigabyte board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back