Intel HD
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I'm a bit of a beginner.

I am stuck here with a Dell Optiplex 390, which has an Intel H61 motherboard.
It doesn't support AHCI.

I want to install Snow Leopard because it supports x86, since I only have 2Gb of RAM.

Is there anyway I can install Hackintosh on my desktop? Any custom kexts, something?
Also, I remember reading somewhere about custom kexts, it must be installed via USB, and I can't seem to find a guide on tonymacx86 (elsewhere, yes, but not much support.)

Please help me, and thanks in advance.

It doesn't support AHCI.

I want to install Snow Leopard because it supports x86, since I only have 2Gb of RAM.

Is there anyway I can install Hackintosh on my desktop? Any custom kexts, something?
Also, I remember reading somewhere about custom kexts, it must be installed via USB, and I can't seem to find a guide on tonymacx86 (elsewhere, yes, but not much support.)

No AHCI SATA configuration == no installation, sorry.

Thanks for the quick reply :D At least I get to leave this unrealistic hope soon.
Gotta ditch this machine quick lol

ashamed though, it's a budget computer which can run Windows and Ubuntu perfectly, but not Hackintosh. oh well.

Thanks for the quick reply :D At least I get to leave this unrealistic hope soon.
Gotta ditch this machine quick lol

ashamed though, it's a budget computer which can run Windows and Ubuntu perfectly, but not Hackintosh. oh well.

Is there the option to enable RAID in the SATA settings in the BIOS? If so, then a simple DSDT edit should enable OS X to be installed and run just fine on your system.

Dil83

I haven't tried that yet, but H61's specification says not, so theoretically, nope.
I'll still try that later though.

Bummer.

It doesn't support AHCI.

ngoctnq

Yeah - will not work as osx since Snow Leopard has required the use of the AHCI setting - Apple software Engineers who wrote the code tossed IDE aside. This was one of the items that Apple abandoned when it made OSX SL. (Along w VGA)

In searching the web it is documented that DELL has no support for AHCI in this line of hardware using the H61 chipset -
You can also blame Intel for this as Intel made versions of the H61 Chipsets that didn't have AHCI support and some manufactures bought them to use... like Dell.... this was a common situation that Intel provided to system manufactures and was done across many of the different chipsets that Intel made. ICH7's were known for this.

Your only option is to use OSX 10.5.x - which is Leopard - this has support for IDE and VGA - and has been installed on Dell systems of your type but you will need to seek resources and support elsewhere.

As we are off topic ( unsupported OSX version and installer ) and had have established that Dell H61 chipsets used in the Dell Optiplex 390 w H61 Intel controllers will not install OSX Snow Leopard using the TonyMacX86 methods; I am closing this thread for further comments.

Tote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back