Graphics
PNY GeForce 9800 GTX+
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Tried using AppleHDA, HDAEnabler, and LegacyHDA889 and both versions of VoodooHDA. Still no audio.

Now when reinstalling AppleHDA, HDAEnabler, and LegacyHDA, I keep getting this error.

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact ecc...

Update: Restarted, then installed HDAEnabler and it seemed to work okay. Still no audio though. This is really frustrating.

Used MultiBeast 2.0.5 (latest) and I used UserDSDT with a download DSDT for BIOS F9 for my mobo.

if you don't mind sharing what you did to get your system working, that would be terrific.

You don't need HDAEnabler. You should remove that kext from /S/L/E or /E/E. Also remove any VoodooHDA kexts you installed.

You only need LegacyHDAALC889 and AppleHDA 10.6.2 Rollback (installed by default when you install LegacyHDA). Make sure you run system utilities after adding *OR DELETING* any kexts.

Ok. I'll give that a shot and post my update.

Removed HDAEnabler, but still no sound. Any other suggestions?

Actually, tried your suggestion and put in the old DSDT and the audio works! I'm excited. Thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back