Graphics
Onboard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is a fresh install. I've downloaded ML from the AppStore, used the latest UniBeast for ML.

GA-H55-USB3
i5 650
8GB Ram
Crucial SSD 64GB plugged into SATA3 (blue)

Nothing else is plugged in.

I boot into the gray apple screen and get a continuous spinning wheel, not a rainbow.
I tried -x and get the exact same outcome.
I tried graphicsenabler=no and again get the exact same outcome.
I tried graphicsenabler=no -x and once again I get the same outcome.

The SSD I'm using I had in my Win7 build, I formatted it to FAT32 before using in my (hopefully) new OSX86 build.

I'm connected to my monitor via DVI.

Thanks for any suggestions.

** Update

I tried dart=o (I saw it in another post) and I get the same gray screen with the apple then my system reboots.

So I thought maybe it's the SSD. I unplugged the SSD and plugged in a WD Green 2TB drive.

no flags = same spinning wheel - nothing else happens.

Whats your graphics vga/dvi/hdmi and cable arrangements? Use -v to see what it is doing..

Whats your graphics vga/dvi/hdmi and cable arrangements? Use -v to see what it is doing..

I'm using dvi out from the mobo.

I'm now watching my screen show hundreds of lines of stuff.

Read HFS+ file ...........

Attachments

• IMG_0852.jpg
    IMG_0852.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
have you tried npci= or PCIRootUID= settings?

Exact same result, gray apple screen with non rainbow spinning wheel.

Tried -

PCIRootUID=1

and

npci=0x2000

I sure wish I could find someone that had my same problem.

im sorry u r needing a gfx card such as a nvida6xx don't use ti they have issues. amd cards are supported 7xxx not all and intel hd3000/4000 only

im sorry u r needing a gfx card such as a nvida6xx don't use ti they have issues. amd cards are supported 7xxx not all and intel hd3000/4000 only

I just looked up my CPU, I guess it's getting old. I'm reading that the graphics is "HD Graphics" instead of the newer ones that are HD Graphics 2000 or 3000 or 4000. If I opted for a new and faster CPU do you think in your personal opinion this would fix my problem? It's just if I'm going to spend some money on a new graphics card I may as well as invest it into a newer CPU.

Thanks.

I just looked up my CPU, I guess it's getting old. I'm reading that the graphics is "HD Graphics" instead of the newer ones that are HD Graphics 2000 or 3000 or 4000. If I opted for a new and faster CPU do you think in your personal opinion this would fix my problem? It's just if I'm going to spend some money on a new graphics card I may as well as invest it into a newer CPU.

Thanks

id buy a cheap known working gfx card for time being and hold out for broadwell and ddr4 that my input.

A GFX card was the trick. I didn't need any flags, it just worked. I'll hold out for Broadwell. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back