Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> H370M DS3H only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AppleALC.kext 1.3.5
I get HDMI audio but not from the ports in front or rear of the CPU. And I can't control HDMI audio volume from the mac, only form the monitor.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-02-24 at 2.33.47 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-02-24 at 2.33.47 PM.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 97
@Lansmac those values exist in the config.plist... But in other news, installing the kext from

Gave me audio! Thanks!

Need to figure out my DisplayPort situation, it seems like the displayport of my monitor is dead, not the motherboard..

Are you located in the US? I wonder if there are variations of the motherboard around the world.

Do you have layout = 1 under Devices, inject audio? That is important alsoView attachment 389412

I mean this value exists.

I tried plugging in both the DP and HDMI. At BIOS both display were showing the boot up. After the verbose boot, only the DP was active and HDMI turned off. After plugging out the HDMI from the CPU and plugging it back in, I have display!

DP is used to drive my 4K monitor, but I am not able to get all the resolutions so now I can't adjust scaling. O h well.

I wonder if adding a RX 5x0 would be as easy as popping in the card and getting it to run without any additional kexts/config.plist entries if we have the WhateverGreen.kext+Lilu.kext?

Looking at more than 2 monitors, probably 4?

Wish I could just continue using my GTX 1050 in Mojave

I want to update that I got a second machine for work, but with a i9-9900K and an MSI 580 8G V1. Used the same @pcp271828's config.plist and it booted fine.

The 580 came after 2 weeks and I didn't have to do anything, just pop it in, no changes to config.plist or kexts or anything and I'm already using 3 monitors on it.

Also updating to 10.14.4 without problems!

Last edited:
Thanks, @jaymonkey.

=========

For anyone else, the thing with the inaudible alert sounds turned out to be a wire on the front audio cable broken off from the connector. A bit of solder and squinting and some cursing fixed it. So audio seems to be working correctly with AppleALC using the "properties" method of setting layout-id to 1.

=========

I bought this m/b and cpu because they were on the recommended list and reasonably-priced. I was surprised at how much trial and error was needed, compared to an earlier build where literally all I did was follow the vanilla unibeast/multibeast instructions. I guess if I'd been installing 10.13, or had an external GPU, things would have been easier. And I'm grateful to all the people who've shared their knowledge that got me going.

So here's where I ended up, hope this can help others:

* F10 BIOS, all the recommended standard BIOS settings.

* During initial install I had to have the keyboard/mouse on the front usb ports, and the installer on the back. Got the crossed circle otherwise.

* Patience while the initial install repeatedly rebooted (three times?) and looked like it was making no progress.

* Clover r4862

* Kexts, first in EFI/Clover/kexts, ultimately added to /Library/Extensions:
AppleALC.kext
FakeSMC.kext (plus the HWSensors ones)
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
USBPorts.kext (created using Hackintool guide)
WhateverGreen.kext
XHCI-unsupported.kext

* Drivers added to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI:
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
AudioDxe-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

* The attached config.plist

pcp271828, thank you very much!
Only your Mac mini config.plist works on my H370M DS3H motherboard and I was able to install Mojave :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back