Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H97N-WIFI
CPU
i3-4370
Graphics
HD 4600
Hi all! I am really getting confused by too many posts in too many guides...
As a (dutch) not native english person I really have trouble understanding all info on the forum.
Especially since the tools are changing rapidly. You never know if you can use a post from july 2018 (probably outdated already).

So, my proposal: only recent experiences here, and only H370M DS3H. (Following example backwardmac)

Maybe focussing on, audio, shutdown, display ports, uhd 630 only, Hackintool, "compiling" etc.

I hope we can get it working:). Please join!

I have 10.14.3 running well (so far) on the same H370M-DS3H m/b but with an i3-8100, using internal UHD630 graphics. F10 BIOS, standard recommendations for BIOS settings. I hope sharing my config will help someone else.

Attached is my config.plist (with some of the SMBIOS stuff blanked out) as well as a screen shot of drivers and kexts (the latter from EFI/.../other, but of course I ultimately put them in Library/Extensions). Using Clover r4844 and the latest kexts and drivers. I ultimately did not use multibeast at all, I installed the newest Clover on the USB drive I created using unibeast, and messed around with drivers and kexts until things worked correctly. I believe the config.plist was originally the one from Clover but I might be wrong about that. I should have been more systematic and written things down as I went along. Dang it!

I followed the guide to install Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC, and followed this guide to get internal graphics working correctly. Like some others, I struggled in vain with "framebuffer patching" for some time until some kind and smart souls figured it out and shared their knowledge here. I don't have a DP cable, but HDMI is working fine. I followed the Hackintool guide to create USBPorts.kext.

OsxAptioFix3Drv solved the shutdown kernel panics I was getting with AptioMemoryFix. I think OsxAptioFix2Drv worked as well, but the latest Clover didn't include 2 so I figured 3 was safer going forward. Somewhere someone who knows way more than me said to use AppleImageLoader if you are using ApfsDriverLoader, so I am. I seem to recall that fixed sleep but I may be wrong. NVRAM didn't seem to work on its own so I'm using EmuVariableUEFI.

I'm a rank beginner, so it's unlikely I'll be able to help anyone else more than what I've shared here. Anyways, lots of gratitude and respect to @jaymonkey, @headkaze, @CaseySJ, @RehabMan, and others I'm forgetting for all their work and generous sharing of knowledge.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.8 KB · Views: 232
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 11.30.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 11.30.01 PM.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 202
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 11.31.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 11.31.02 PM.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 190
I have 10.14.3 running well (so far) on the same H370M-DS3H m/b but with an i3-8100, using internal UHD630 graphics. F10 BIOS, standard recommendations for BIOS settings. I hope sharing my config will help someone else.

I struggled in vain with "framebuffer patching" for some time until some kind and smart souls figured it out and shared their knowledge here. I don't have a DP cable, but HDMI is working fine.

@pcp271828,

Nice to finally read a success story with solo UHD 630 IGPU .... well done

Cheers
Jay

Wow, interesting @pcp271828! We have complete different setup! (I had a look at your config.plist)
So, because I have used the unibeast/multibeast setup, it worked out completely different.
Probably experienced different problems also.
My problems were:
- hdmi went black during install at apple logo screen, so I bought a DP cable and that worked fine
- long time no audio (until toleda fixed the applealc.kext for me)
- shutdown/restart problems (the were easily fixed)

The hdmi was fixed by using hackintool patches in General Framebuffer Patching Guide using Hackintool.
But I had difficulties finding the right patches, so I just used the spoiler (Gigabyte H370M-DS3H and Coffee Lake CPU) underneath post#1 in that thread. That worked for me. The UHD 630 also works with two monitors (I tried My monitor (DP), together withe TV (HDMI). Working fine (1536MB).

Only not working properly:
- hdmi does not work when restarting, I have to hot fit the cable or turn TV/monitor off and on again
- no dvi

Questions for @pcp271828:
- you have no shutdown/restart problems?
- do you have a reasonable quick start/shutdown? (I noticed somewhere in your config a delay of 10)
- do you have DVI?
- have you been trying two monitors already?
- do you have 4K monitor working?

@jaymonkey, my bar for success may be lower than others, and in any case I'm standing on the shoulders of giants, but thanks for the atta-boy. By the way, my hazy recollection is that I added AppleImageLoader-64 after happening upon your recommendation to "use AppleImageLoader-64 when using ApfsDriverLoader-64", and the shutdown kernel panics went away. I can't find much information about that driver, and I might have made two changes at once, but if that was it, I owe you a bottle of suds. In another post, you say, "the Clover developers recommend installing both", and yet in Clover r4844, AppleImageLoader-6 isn't even an option. So I'm puzzled.

@Lansmac, I initially had issues with shutdown (panics) and sleep (didn't), but the drivers I have now solved those issues. With "the spoiler" that you refer to, and one monitor plugged into the HDMI port (via an HDHI->DVI cable, actually), I have no issues with HDMI AFAICT, and it definitely works at start-up. With one monitor.

Using two monitors, one plugged into the HDMI port, the other into DVI, I putzed around with all the combinations of con1-busid (1,2,4,6, based on the "cheat sheet" in @CaseySJ's guide), con2-busid (1,2,4,6, but different from con1), and con1-type (0x0004, 0x0800). All 24 of them.

* With con1-busid==6, con2-busid==4, con1-type==0x0800, I got HDMI, no DVI
* With con1-busid==2, con2-busid==4, con1-type==0x0800 or 0x0004, I got DVI, no HDMI

All other combinations gave me either funny DVI artifacts and no HDMI, or nothing at all. I did not find a combination that gave me both DVI and HDMI. Since I don't have a DP cable, I haven't experimented with that yet. I also didn't really try un/plugging or power cycling one or the other monitor, but I may try that with DP if I get a cable. My current monitor just has the old-fashioned number of K's, definitely not four of them, so I have nothing to report about that.

The 10s delay in clover is for my fat fingers in case I want to change something. Booting off an NVME SSD, with debug checkbox turned off, clover comes up a couple seconds after the BIOSsplash screen, waits 10s, then MacOS boots in maybe 12s. That's fine by me.

Two things about audio:

* I realized I attached the wrong config.plist earlier; that was using the "legacy" method to inject a layout, but I've since used the "properties" method. Straightforward.
* But the puzzling thing is that while the back panel audio seems fine, and playing an mp3 through the front jack is fine, about half the system alert sounds are ALMOST INAUDIBLE. Funk, for example, but glass is fine. The alerts are all fine through the back panel. I tried all the layouts with no love.

Well, golly. I was thinking that AppleImageLoader-64 was crucial, but now I don't think so.

After downloading the newest Hackintool, and being told there's a new clover, and downloading r4864, I again found that AppleImageLoader-64 is not one of my choices in the clover installer, same as it *wasn't* with previous r4844. So I went looking for it, and had trouble and then I wondered where I got it in the first place.

@jaymonkey's post about AppleImageLoader-64 sho' 'nuf shows it in r4658, and I'm thinking because I was originally using the (then) newest r4652 version of clover available from tonymac downloads, I got AppleImageLoader-64 from there. And I'm gonna guess that maybe (???) later versions of ApfsDriverLoader-64 don't need it any more, so it's no longer in the clover installer? Maybe? I can't find any mention of that though.

Anyways, I updated clover to r4864, DID NOT copy over AppleImageLoader-64, and shutdown and sleep both work fine AFAICT.

Well, golly. I was thinking that AppleImageLoader-64 was crucial, but now I don't think so.

After downloading the newest Hackintool, and being told there's a new clover, and downloading r4864, I again found that AppleImageLoader-64 is not one of my choices in the clover installer, same as it wasn't with previous r4844. So I went looking for it, and had trouble and then I wondered where I got it in the first place.

@pcp271828,

I also recently updated Clover and noticed that AppleImageLoader-64 is no longer contained in the installer package.# The advice I passed on back in September 2018 about installing both ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi and AppleImageLoader-64.efi came directly from the developer.

I suspect that for whatever reason the code in AppleImageLoader-64.efi has been re-merged with ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi like it was when originally released.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks, @jaymonkey.

=========

For anyone else, the thing with the inaudible alert sounds turned out to be a wire on the front audio cable broken off from the connector. A bit of solder and squinting and some cursing fixed it. So audio seems to be working correctly with AppleALC using the "properties" method of setting layout-id to 1.

=========

I bought this m/b and cpu because they were on the recommended list and reasonably-priced. I was surprised at how much trial and error was needed, compared to an earlier build where literally all I did was follow the vanilla unibeast/multibeast instructions. I guess if I'd been installing 10.13, or had an external GPU, things would have been easier. And I'm grateful to all the people who've shared their knowledge that got me going.

So here's where I ended up, hope this can help others:

* F10 BIOS, all the recommended standard BIOS settings.

* During initial install I had to have the keyboard/mouse on the front usb ports, and the installer on the back. Got the crossed circle otherwise.

* Patience while the initial install repeatedly rebooted (three times?) and looked like it was making no progress.

* Clover r4862

* Kexts, first in EFI/Clover/kexts, ultimately added to /Library/Extensions:
AppleALC.kext
FakeSMC.kext (plus the HWSensors ones)
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
USBPorts.kext (created using Hackintool guide)
WhateverGreen.kext
XHCI-unsupported.kext

* Drivers added to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI:
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
AudioDxe-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

* The attached config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.9 KB · Views: 222
I had a lot of problems during installation with the usb's too. In my situation I didn't get the keyboard and mouse working. In the end, the only way I discovered was with a usb hub(2.0).
So, I connected the usb hub in the "usb 3.1 Gen port 1", see manual. It is located next to the usb type-c port.
And in the hub itself I connected usb-stick +mouse+Keyboard. It worked fine, even with the usb3.0-stick. So,one can consider this a backup-option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back