Contribute
Register

H370, B360 and H310 motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Z370 boards are listed in the buyers guide - can we expect the other 370 series boards (as in the subject) to also be compatible with High Sierra

(I want MATX with Display port - options are limited in Z370, and somewhat more expensive.)

Thanks.

Only Z370 boards are listed in the buyers guide - can we expect the other 370 series boards (as in the subject) to also be compatible with High Sierra

(I want MATX with Display port - options are limited in Z370, and somewhat more expensive.)

Thanks.

I'm curious also.

Having had success with an Asrock B250 board (Pro4 mATX) and the lowly G4560 on Sierra (with a GTX 1060) -
despite not finding specific guides or recommendations (I followed a guide for the G4560 in a different Asrock board - only had to tweak for Nvidia Web driver and change to correct audio codec for on board audio to come good.)
I've only seen one other brief comment of a success story for B250. Suprised how well this build runs Sierra!

I feel spurred on to try a B360 board with High Sierra - and an i7 8700(not the K) -
seems a lot more bang for buck than dropping an i7 7700(not the K) in that B250 board I've just had success with.
I'll re-use the GTX 1060 - put a cheap GT1030 in the B250 and sell it on fairly cheaply as an entry-level hackintosh / gamer.

Anyone with experience care to steer me away from the B360 idea? - as I understand, B360 is essentially just less bells and whistles than Z370 - and when you're on a budget, it all matters...building it for a friend who's missus may do some video editing..

I haven't bought the motherboard for this build yet, but at about two thirds of the cost of the Z370 - B360 is tempting given my earlier success of a not particularly recommended board...
Someone else must have tried it, surely ??

Any input gratefully received.

Anyone with experience care to steer me away from the B360 idea? - as I understand, B360 is essentially just less bells and whistles than Z370 - and when you're on a budget, it all matters...building it for a friend who's missus may do some video editing..

I haven't bought the motherboard for this build yet, but at about two thirds of the cost of the Z370 - B360 is tempting given my earlier success of a not particularly recommended board...
Someone else must have tried it, surely ??

Any input gratefully received.

I have gigabyte B360 M motherboard. No support for USB 2.0/3.0/3.1 now. Cant connect mouse&keyboard so mean that it is impossible install@login to Mac OS. No one from my 12 USB ports works...
USB chip in B360/H370/H310 motherboards is different than in Z370 due to include USB 3.1 gen 2 as native in
intel chipset .

Update: After modify USBinjectall.kext and XHCI-200-series-injector.kext all USB are working ) Mac OS High SIerra 10.13.4 works ok. My build with new motherboard B360 is done. Installation is a different than on Z370. Ethernet i219-v need newest kext, audio for now only VooDooHDA 2.91 but is OK.

Last edited:
Thanks for a specific solution or file download. In a simple way, I am a novice.

Last edited:
I have gigabyte B360 M motherboard. No support for USB 2.0/3.0/3.1 now. Cant connect mouse&keyboard so mean that it is impossible install@login to Mac OS. No one from my 12 USB ports works...
USB chip in B360/H370/H310 motherboards is different than in Z370 due to include USB 3.1 gen 2 as native in
intel chipset .

Update: After modify USBinjectall.kext and XHCI-200-series-injector.kext all USB are working ) Mac OS High SIerra 10.13.4 works ok. My build with new motherboard B360 is done. Installation is a different than on Z370. Ethernet i219-v need newest kext, audio for now only VooDooHDA 2.91 but is OK.
@bombardier10

How did you get to the installer? I have ASRock B360M Pro4, I have lots of ACPI error then it KP'ed, I can't get into the installer. Can you upload your EFI folder / Show your steps???

Thank you very much!

@bombardier10

How did you get to the installer? I have ASRock B360M Pro4, I have lots of ACPI error then it KP'ed, I can't get into the installer. Can you upload your EFI folder / Show your steps???

Thank you very much!
you can download from bombardier10's post.

Now my keyboard can type. But screen got black when booting.

you can download from bombardier10's post.

Now my keyboard can type. But screen got black when booting.
I have an asrock H310m mobo, everything work except black screen at boot without fake 0x12345678. Any news?

Yes on B360 motherboard audio (ALC892) from multibeast dont work, AppleALC too.
So I use VooDooHDA 2.91 with some mod for more volume.It works very well also with
audio HDMI on my GT 710. Newest version of VooDooHDA detect 7.1 audio )

Ethernet Intel i219-V is another problematic hardware . I use newest IntelMausiEthernet.kext v. 2.4.0d0.
Included all necessary kexts.

Attachments

• b360kexts.zip
    139.5 KB · Views: 1,764
Thank you for the tip, with voodooHDA Audio is now working.

Do you use integrated graphics? How did you solved the 7mb non existent acceleration (if you had..)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back