Graphics
gts250
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all! I've been using my hackintosh for a few months and firstly I would like to thank Tony and this site's team, because that wouldn't happen without you guys! :)

My question is about watching fullhd movies in iTunes/QT. I was using Movist to watch 1080p movies in MKV format until recent time and it worked ok, but I want to create a cool collection of movies in iTunes with covers, info, etc. I converted some movies using free app called Subler, well, they play, it's possible to watch a movie, but when I use seeking, pause movie and start it again, or switch to full screen, I experience terrible lags... And during playback CPU usage is quite high. I've read that HW acceleration is only on several graphics cards, not including mine, but I've read some posts here stating that 1080p in QT works perfect, so maybe there is something that I should do?

Some info on my setup:
Asus P7P55D Pro
i5-760
4GB RAM
Zotac GTS250 1GB (Which was pain in the ass to get to work, because of non-standard placement of video output ports. I had to generate a wall of numbers using app gfxutil and put it to com.apple.boot.plist)
I installed 10.6.5, and used Multibeast 2.6.3 (EasyBeast + required kexts). Then I updated to 10.6.6 and yesterday to 10.6.7.
I haven't tried playing movies in iTunes while on 10.6.5.

I would greatly appreciate any help! :)

Not exactly an answer but have you checked out Plex at plexapp.com?

It's a great way to play movies and digitize your DVD collection with cover art included.

Another great MKV converter is MakeMKV.

Thanks for the advise! I've heard of that app, but never tried it. I installed it, it's really cool and solid! Gonna use it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back