Contribute
Register

Gygabyte AORUS ULTRA - I5 9600K - INTEL UHD630 Mojave to catalina update ok but black screen after boot macos option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gygabyte AORUS ULTRA
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
GTX 680
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello Guys,

I have update clover 4862 To 5092.
I have update lilu Appleaac whatergreen for catalina on folder other in efi/clover/kest.
Install of update la succes.
But on boot on clover after select boot macOS i have a black screen.
Phrase help me.
Do you post my efi folder ?
Thks for help.

( sorry for ou english)

Attachments

• 20191020_222809.jpg
    20191020_222809.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 113
  • 20191020_225728.jpg
    20191020_225728.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 101
  • 20191020_225732.jpg
    20191020_225732.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 160
Hello Guys,

I have update clover 4862 To 5092.
I have update lilu Appleaac whatergreen for catalina on folder other in efi/clover/kest.
Install of update la succes.
But on boot on clover after select boot macOS i have a black screen.
Phrase help me.
Do you post my efi folder ?
Thks for help.

( sorry for ou english)

Have a look here at this post - (Psedog's Mod Pro. i7-8700K, Vega64, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi) - and then make any changes to suit your setup. I don't know if your GTX 750 is supported in Catalina. Good luck.

I have the same issue. I've been trying everything for 2 days and can't get it to work. Mojave was working fine.

hi thewatcher,

yes I think the problem is related to the graphics driver but i m not sur i have the last version of Wathergreen.

edit : " I read on another topic by removing Whatergreen that on some "conf" it settled the problem is true? "

Or maybe a problem of management of the onboard card intel but as I do not know...

Can anyone look at my EFI file and see if there is a problem?

@CaseySJ

did you have an idea ( you made my EFI record for Mojave) do you think it needs modified EFI for the onboard card intel

thks for all

Last edited:
hi thewatcher,

yes I think the problem is related to the graphics driver but i m not sur i have the last version of Wathergreen.

edit : " I read on another topic by removing Whatergreen that on some "conf" it settled the problem is true? "

Or maybe a problem of management of the onboard card intel but as I do not know...

Can anyone look at my EFI file and see if there is a problem?

@CaseySJ

did you have an idea ( you made my EFI record for Mojave) do you think it needs modified EFI for the onboard card intel

thks for all

I was having the black screen issue as well. I used the following refi and I was able to at least boot into the system. Graphics is not working correctly but if you know anything about patching the graphic card you can take a look at it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.3 MB · Views: 107
I think it is the bug of some kext drivers as I also have this problem after upgraded to Catalina, and I upgraded whatevergreen.kext, lilu.kext, applealc.kext, fakesmc.kext to the latest version to run catalina 10.15.1.

my CPU is i5 9600k and only the inboard intel GPU UHD630, and it is works fine before upgraded to Catalina that it’s Mojave 10.14.6.
After upgrades to Catalina when boot to OS will black screen for a while and then display the desktop, also this issue happen when wake up the OS from screen saver or sleep, so now I have to wait for the first time black screen that first time boot to the desktop after power on my hackintosh, and set no sleep and no screen saver after the machine is running.

BTW, the clover can detected the inboard intel GPU UHD630 correctly as the ram of UHD630 is 15xxMB now, and the 4K monitor is works fine.

Hope someone can solve the problem as soon as possible

I was able to get it working last night. Everything is working on my system. The only issue I am having is that if I disconnect my HDMI to dvi cable and reconnect I can't get the screen back. Also I upgraded to clover 5098 and it broke my system.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27 MB · Views: 76
you can try my efi folder. i have working DP and hdmi as well. UHD 630 + rx 560 here

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22 MB · Views: 162
yes this tutorial is complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back